Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed Kuriakyn MK IV highway pegs

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 03:05 AM
PaFatboy
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Kuriakyn MK IV highway pegs

I just got my Mark IV highway pegs from UPS yesterday. Ebay is the way to go for these, they are $189 + taxat my local HD dealer. I got them for $159, NO tax, Free Shipping too. The quality is great ! The stupid thing about them is "someone" put the wrong Ny-Loc nuts in the bag with the bolts.... the bolts are 3/8-16 threads per inch. I feel sure that the nuts were 20 tpi.

I always pre-assemble stuff like that then go around and tighten it all up. I "thought" the nuts stopped at the Ny-Loc when turning them by hand. By tightening just a little with a ratchet wrench, I thought it felt weird, so I stopped and tried to back them off. NFW! they were like gualded tight. so I strong armed them....SNAP, then I had to do the other one the same way.

Lucky for me our local True Value has a section of "chrome" bolts etc. (cheaper than HD) I found the very same bolts that Kuriakyn uses, the chrome was better on the True Value ones. THAT'S when I discovered their screw up. I bought the correct Ny-Loc nuts! Things went smooth after that, they look great out in front of my boards. I'll try them out tomorrow !!!!!! Just a FYI for you guys in case you buy these for your bike, check the hardware "before" assembly.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:14 AM
4merRacer
Road Master
Default RE: Just installed Kuriakyn MK IV highway pegs

You're gonna love them!!!! I have the mark III and can't imagine riding without them. Every once in a while I'll put my feet on the footboards just to remind myself why I got them.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:05 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I also have the Mark 4 Cruise Arms, and they are great...

Mine are set so I can rest my heels on the forward edge of the floorboards, while the soles of my boots rest naturally on the Cruise Arm pegs..

I installed the longer PN7841 Arms, and I can really stretch out my legs during those long cruises down the highway.

Between the floorboards and the Mark 4 Arms you have an almost endless number of foot/leg positions. One of the best investments I've made on my FatBoy....

Old 05-01-2007, 03:11 AM
PaFatboy
Tourer

Guy's
I went for a ride Sunday only 115mi. I did like the Mk IV's, I bought the extended ones too. It will take a while to see exactly where I want them, they seem ok thus far. I took the wife with me so she could try out the new seat too. Applalachan HD in Mechanicsburg Pa, had a open house with 5 bands etc. we rode up to that and back.