General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best rallies?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:51 AM
dragonfiregirl
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best rallies?

the big ones like daytona, myrtle, sturgis, laconia etc or a smaller one like hog rock or little sturgis? opinions?

Old 04-28-2007, 02:56 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: best rallies?

Depends on what kind of fun you like to have. The big ones are good for sitting in bars and being surrounded by bikes and if you like to shop. They have a lot of vendors there. And most likeley you are staying in a hotel room.

The smaller ones are more of a party. Not a lot of actual riding occurrs. YOu do a lot more drinking and people tend to be naked a lot. Usually you camp.

Both can be a lot of fun. It just depends on what you call fun. I prefer the smalller, dirty rallies myself.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:56 AM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: dragonfiregirl

the big ones like daytona, myrtle, sturgis, laconia etc or a smaller one like hog rock or little sturgis? opinions?
They all have something to offer. For me ... Daytona is too crowded anymore, although I hear October is better. Myrtle is still good ... but the police have cracked down on "fun" the last few years. Laconia is good ... more spreadout out, more places to go ride. It also depends on what all your into too. Regardless of where you go ... the craziness is at night ... at the campgrounds.

Old 04-28-2007, 02:58 AM
YUCK
Road Warrior

Do they still do Swap meets?

Old 04-28-2007, 03:04 AM
dragonfiregirl
Cruiser

myrtle beach and little sturgis are the ones closest to me. someone told me hog rock is a hard core biker rally so i dont know if id fit in there. laconia looks like a nice laid back rally but its a long way

Old 04-28-2007, 03:07 AM
bluebagger06
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking forward to little sturgis this year .heard its a blast

Old 04-28-2007, 03:09 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hog Rock is definately a hard core rally. Little Sturgis is a lot like Hog Rock. But I don't know what you are thinking "hard core" means. They are a lot of fun. I felt the same way as you when I went to my first rally. I got over it real quick. People WILL ask to see your *****. You can say no and they will be respectful of that. There are plenty of other woman showing theirs. You will not be in any danger if that is what you are thinking. As long as you are okay with other people around you flashing their *****....

I've been to Dayonta but none of the other big commercial rallies. They are very expensive and not as much fun as the smaller rallies in my opinion.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:10 AM
Tinker Bell
Banned

Little sturgis is rough and wild. Thunder on the Beach in Panama City Fla. is about the best one I have been to in awhile. Had more fun there than all the trips to Daytona and Myrtle Beach put together.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:11 AM
Nadil
Road Warrior

Near my neck of the woods we have little sturgis, MS which I have not gone to yet but we also have the Hot Springs Arkansas Rally in Sept. which is a lot of fun. Last year they clocked 35k bikes registered plus you have easy access to the Ozarks just to the north for a LOT of scenery.
Not to mention the Travis Tritt Concert at the end which last year ended after 4 hours of singin'.

Old 04-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: YUCK

Do they still do Swap meets?
Myrtle still does. The best swap meet is in Reading (oley) towards the fall. Reading Motorcycle Club puts it on. One of the best places to get old stuff ... but most know what they have and what it's worth. http://www.readingmc.com/

Nice Pan Yuck.

Quick Reply: best rallies?