General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best rallies?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:55 AM
LimeNine9r
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: best rallies?

Easy Riders Rodeo, Chillicothe, Ohio
or that one in Indiana -Bean Blossum (??)

Bike Week - Daytona Fla - best part of that was finall being able to ride after a long cold winter

Old 04-12-2008, 05:58 AM
Recycler
Outstanding HDF Member

I've been to big ones, small ones and I still have not seen a boob.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:08 AM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've been to Laconia several times. Maybe because I'm getting old and crochety, but not one of the places I plan to go unless I really have to. The riding in that area is AWESOME - but the event itself - the vendor area in Weirs Beach - is just TOO packed together and TOO crowded. And riding right in that immediate area is a major traffic jam. Lots of overheating. The races at the Laconia Race track are pretty cool if you are into racing - which really IS in "Laconia". I know all similar events will have crowds - Laconia is just a bit too much for me. I do, however, plan on doing lots of riding in the White Mountains this year.

I'm going to Myrtle Beach for my first time - and my first long trip - this May. I've been told that at least the vendors and events are pretty stretched out. Looking forward to some nice riding in THAT area as well.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:19 AM
cnchavez
Intermediate

Try rot in austin

Old 04-12-2008, 08:13 AM
straitshot151
Tourer

My vote is for the Republic of Texas ralley in Austin.(ROT)

Old 04-12-2008, 08:55 AM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

***** ?? never get to see any but the only real rlly I go to is hollester the rest are just to much money and I really don't have 100 thou. friends that I want to hang out with.
hardly ever go to any rally most just a lot to comercial and not a lot of fun
now if any body knows of a run close to me in so cal where I can see ***** let me know and I'm gone

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/6DFFDA2E1E7C497E99F9E69DF317BFB3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-12-2008, 09:23 AM
Rbohno
Cruiser

[quote]ORIGINAL: Perch

I've been to Laconia several times. Maybe because I'm getting old and crochety, but not one of the places I plan to go unless I really have to. The riding in that area is AWESOME - but the event itself - the vendor area in Weirs Beach - is just TOO packed together and TOO crowded. And riding right in that immediate area is a major traffic jam. Lots of overheating. The races at the Laconia Race track are pretty cool if you are into racing - which really IS in "Laconia". I know all similar events will have crowds - Laconia is just a bit too much for me. I do, however, plan on doing lots of riding in the White Mountains this year.

I'm going to Myrtle Beach for my first time - and my first long trip - this May. I've been told that at least the vendors and events are pretty stretched out. Looking forward to some nice riding in THAT area as well.

Hello Perch,
When going to Myrtle it is spread out andit starts on FridayMay 9th and runs thru Sunday May 19(Great Rally by the way, we are going the 1st wekend this year). The first weekend isnt packed and you can ride relatively easy from one end of the rally to the other.
The second weekend is a different story lots of overheating and sitting in bumper to bumper bikes to go from North Myrtle to South Myrtle BUT if you are going for the partying the last weekend is the one to go to.

Whatever you do don't miss HB Spokes and catch it later at night so you can see their burn out area, its like no other you have seen. There is a friend of mine that works for "Easy Eddies" ( they have a vendor booth at HB Spokes & at the HD dealer) his name is Eric and he has one leg and does the most spectactular burnouts of anyone I have ever seen. He will stand NEXT to the bike NOT be sitting on it and walking(with his prostetic on)it in circles till the tire blows.He will be there all week this year I was up at Eddie's shop yesterday.
He is in a Godsmack video doing a burnout that will give some idea how awesome he is.

TOO Much Coffee this morning, sorry folks

RB

Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 AM
SteveB FLH
Road Warrior

Too many "blue-hairs" AND "blue lights" at Daytona and Myrtle now .....It seems that gridlock is the norm at most of the bigger more commercial rallies......JMO

Old 04-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Algona, Iowa, The Freedom Rallyhttp://www.abateiowafreedomrally.com/ over the 4th of July has been a decent rally for us. Lots of ***** and partying, even tho Momma doesn't 'flash' and I don't drink, go figure.
Sturgis on the River, http://www.sturgisontheriver.com/another Iowa venture.
Circle of Pride MC throws a couple of dandys, http://www.circleofpridemc.com/
Here's a website with several listings, and you can choose by state if you so desire, it just happens to be on Mn right now. http://www.weaselsspfld.com/events/m.../MINNESOTA.php

Old 04-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Grimpy
Tourer

http://www.sparksamerica.com/[sm=proof.gif]

Quick Reply: best rallies?