General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Owners Group

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 04:41 PM
DMWyant
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Owners Group

Sorry if this is But I was wondering about experiences and thoughts on H.O.G. Is it worth it? How many of you are members of your local chapter etc.? I just want to know a bit more about it before I go and start hanging out with people I do not know.

Old 06-10-2015, 04:44 PM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,756 Likes on 463 Posts

I have a big family and more friends than I want/need, nothing in it for me since I prefer riding alone or with people I know and trust around me on a bike, NO BEGINNERS, thank you.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:05 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Every chapter is different. It doesn't cost anything to go to a meeting, sit in the back, and get a feel for the membership.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Moe55
Supporter
Received 62 Likes on 47 Posts

HOG or any club for that matter you get out of it what you put into it. If you don't belong to a local chapter participate in rides or events then it won't be any fun. If you want to ride with people that like to ride and have some fun then join a local chapter. Some chapters are great others not so much. Have to take a chance and try one it is not for everyone but it can be rewarding. We are life members and we belong to a local chapter, have been places never would have with out the HOG chapter, we have friends all over the country from HOG events. For us it worked out well not everyone has that experience.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:43 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,941 Likes on 11,985 Posts

I got a free one year HOG membership when I bought my Superglide. Only thing I got out of it was six HOG magazines. I didn't renew membership.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:49 PM
HDRiderPA
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Moe55 stated - you get out of it what you put into it. My wife and I are active participants on just about every weekend ride and we also volunteer on a committee as well. We've made lifelong friends because of our local chapter and you can't ask for much more than that. They really are our extended family; we're fortunate to have found the right place for the both of us.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:21 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

I was going to join...I even bought a back patch and cap...but after seeing them at the dealership with their vest, covered solid with patches and pins and the fact they weren't the friendliest people, I decided I didn't want to be apart of it.

The following users liked this post:
HD160054 (01-21-2020)
Old 06-10-2015, 06:43 PM
TXScorpion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a member of HOG and my local group (just joined last weekend).
Nice people, friendly group... I dont know exactly how active I will be in it since my bike really isnt set up for long highway rides... but I like having the option.
(I dont really have any friends - dont really want any either - I am a loner by nature)

Old 06-10-2015, 06:56 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Originally Posted by TXScorpion
I am a member of HOG and my local group (just joined last weekend).
Nice people, friendly group... I dont know exactly how active I will be in it since my bike really isnt set up for long highway rides... but I like having the option.
(I dont really have any friends - dont really want any either - I am a loner by nature)
I don't have any riding friends either. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:00 PM
Apendejo
Road Warrior
Received 523 Likes on 296 Posts

I avoid the HOG gang members.
Those pirate costumes scare me.

Quick Reply: Harley Owners Group