General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Immature, Intimidated, or Good Company Policy?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 626 Posts
Default RE: Immature, Intimidated, or Good Company Policy?

I am not saying that I agree with it but consider that it is private property. You are a guest. Many companies are cautious about someone taking a picture of their plant and then using the photograph to indicate that "even their own employees don't..." drink their soda, use their tires, drive their cars or ride their motorcycles.

What a photo op of someone dismounting thier bike with work clothes on with the factory int he background. The quote could say, "he'll take their check, but not their bike. Buy a __________."

The USPS once solicited resumes for a high level position. Think about htis - they are looking to hire someone for a top job at the USPS. From the way the story goes, every resume that was not sent via USPS was thrown out - unopened!

Old 04-28-2007, 09:35 AM
04harleyboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The local HD dealer decided to also be a Victory dealer. they share the same sales floor. So after they had been there about 6 mos I asked the sales person how many they have sold....the answer was none, not even one. They have been taking the bikes to local bike events and letting people take them for rides, but it hasn't been working out to well for them.
If you see Victory next to a Harley, and price them both out, I think most people willl go for the tradition, and the detail that Harley has. IMHO. So, what I am trying to get at is, that they probably don't want anyone comparing the bikes.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:45 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

You have to respect the policy,why fight city hall you are never going to win.

Old 04-28-2007, 09:58 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,310 Likes on 6,123 Posts

I work for a very large chocolate manufacturer, and whem I first started there, I heard a rumor that a vendor had come in to fill up the snack machine with candy and snacks. The problem was that he had accidentally put some stuff in there from our biggest competitor. The rumor goes that a manager seen the stuff and called the vendor and had him come back and remove all of the competitors stuff.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Nortonics
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

Intimidated? Doubtful
I dunno' about that, the weenie from the cage sure sounded intimidated, sticking up for his fellow employees that surely sound intimidated.

I woulda' laughed out loud at the man and muttered something about small dicks, and I would have left mine right where I parked it. Damaged when I came back out? Well, there's easy ways to deal with that - a simple boot will knock a bike over on it's side in a mere 3 seconds. Don't like the Harley way of dealing with it? Just go file a damage report against the company for damage to your property while on their grounds.

Personally I think that could have been one of those 'defining' moments of Harley ownership and attitude -one that the Polaris girlz wouldn't forget too soon. I don't care whoI'm with or whereI'm at, I don't take attitudes like that laying down - probably the reason I ride a Harley, because it fits my attitude, not the other way around. If you're gonna' own it, for God's sake don't be afraid toLive By It.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 77 Posts

ORIGINAL: whaap...You have to keep in mind that those types of policies are made by people who couldn't care less what you thought of them.
Exactly.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:59 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Nortonics

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

Intimidated? Doubtful
I dunno' about that, the weenie from the cage sure sounded intimidated, sticking up for his fellow employees that surely sound intimidated.

I woulda' laughed out loud at the man and muttered something about small dicks, and I would have left mine right where I parked it. Damaged when I came back out? Well, there's easy ways to deal with that - a simple boot will knock a bike over on it's side in a mere 3 seconds. Don't like the Harley way of dealing with it? Just go file a damage report against the company for damage to your property while on their grounds.

Personally I think that could have been one of those 'defining' moments of Harley ownership and attitude -one that the Polaris girlz wouldn't forget too soon. I don't care whoI'm with or whereI'm at, I don't take attitudes like that laying down - probably the reason I ride a Harley, because it fits my attitude, not the other way around. If you're gonna' own it, for God's sake don't be afraid toLive By It.
The weenie was an employee who was probably doing no more than he was told to do by his employer. The same thing you would do if your boss told you to do something.

Old 04-28-2007, 11:13 AM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would have left, gone to the nearest service station and bought a couple quarts of oil and poured the oil under all of the Victorys. Nothing like a little fun during the work day.

Old 04-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Nortonics
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: whaap

The weenie was an employee who was probably doing no more than he was told to do by his employer. The same thing you would do if your boss told you to do something.
Yep, that employee is a definite weenie. Same thing I'd do?Doubtful, but you go right ahead... [sm=bangbang.gif]

Like I said, if you're gonna' own one, live by it. Otherwise I think there's a Suzuki available in the local paper that might be more fitting for the spineless...

Old 04-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Championr1
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: hd2007

At the Gm and Ford plants I have been to Foreign cars have to park in the last row , I can't see them having a problem with a American made bike in their parking lot , if they do , **** on them.
I work for Ford and they passed out letters to all the employees saying that if you drive a foreign car, you have to park it in the middle of the lot. You can't park it anywhere along the fence where others from outside can see it.

Quick Reply: Immature, Intimidated, or Good Company Policy?