General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any pit bull fans here?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 01:49 PM
cst010
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Any pit bull fans here?

Any dog, reguardless of breed, thatshows signsof aggressionshould be put down right fast. Not talking about the alert barking when some one pulls into the driveway; talking more about the growling, barking, and snappingwhen someone approaches. I have a retiever-shepard mix that we have raised since a pup (now 14 years old) and she barks when some one pulls into the drive then she is calm. Love the dog but would put her down in a minute should she ever snap at anyone. Witnessed a 5 year old girl have her arm removed by a dog owned by a dog lovingzealot when I was in the army, ruined his life, his career, the life of his family,the lifeof a five year old child and her family and for what--a dog. In this case the breed was a rottweiler and the dog was known tobe aggresive to strangersand it was well trained.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Nona
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they are great dogs, the mean ones are only trained that way or breed. I think the am.staffordshire is also a great breed and they are akc reconized, the pits aren't . you need to search the history of any dog that you get from a breeder, make sure they are not coming from puppy mills, you will have more problems on your hand. I'll send some pics of the amstaff, as soon as I figure out howmy best friend breeds and shows amstaffs.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Bdygrd4u
Advanced

I have a PitBull terrier. Ohmar is big...74lbs but as docile as a Lab. He was hit by a tractor trailor as a puppy and when the driver got out and bent down to see if he was dead, Ohmar kissed him. He had some pins placed in his broken leg and a years worth of recovery and now he is 100%. Thats how I got him he was a rescue. He gets along with all breeds, children and even cats.

It's all how they are raised and how they are treated. They need lots of excercise and mental stimulation. I trained mine for 2-years now and he is = to a police K9 if needed.

Scott

Old 04-27-2007, 02:21 PM
LOTHAR
Cruiser

A dog reflects its owner. there are many stupid dog owners. therefore there are many stupid and dangerous dogs. Many who have pit bulls seem to have little penises and think that a dog or gun or motorcycle will make their pee-pees grow. I doubt it.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:25 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I don't find anything appealing about the breed myself.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,432 Likes on 4,355 Posts

Repost to the Dog Forum?

Old 04-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Calwoodbutcher
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of my three dogs is a 60lb Pit mix. Rescue dog with a pretty tough puppyhood. She has part of her ear missing and some other marks from when she was young. Wonderful dog. She is the least aggresive of the threebut I would not want to be the person to meet her while breaking into my garage.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:59 PM
birdie
Intermediate

Not sure I buy in 100% to the bad owners = bad dogs thoughts as it applies to Pit Bulls, there are a lot of bad dog owners with Labs and you very rarely hear of breeds like that attacking.

In the last few months or so in Denver there have been a number of Pit Bull attacks on children and adults, so I think there is more to it than a "bad rap", like someone said earlier they scare me alsoand I am on my guard instantly if I am around one.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:59 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Opinions? o.k. I don't know of any other breed that has caused more deaths among other domesticated animals, human children, or adults. Let alone the traumatic injuries and maimings. Just my .02

Old 04-27-2007, 03:00 PM
rpoteau
Cruiser

Harley's remind me more of bulldogs to tell you the truth.

Quick Reply: Any pit bull fans here?