General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dweebs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007 | 07:24 PM
mistermooster
Road Warrior
Default RE: Dweebs

ORIGINAL: im

remember as motorcyclist we are each an ambassador of our group to the rest of the world..
the way we ride
the way we answer questions to the non-motorcycle community
the way we present ourselves at hotels, restaurants, stores etc.
not everyone understands or cares about our rights, safety or motorcycle issues..
i try to take a minute to educate the non-motorcycle community about us every time the chance comes up.
remember we are a small group in a large world,,most people do not care about us or more than likely have a sour opinion because of something they have seen or heard about...and before we say "who gives a sh*t" remember these non-riders vote, complain and can make life easier or a pain in the @@SS..if we want special motorcycle parking, more automobile driver education, lower tolls etc. we have got to play the game..
I agree. I was just kidding with my earlier "momma" response. I probably would've just told 'em. When people ask how much my pool cost to have done, how much my cars cost, whatever, I usually do. Doesn't bother me.

Old 04-27-2007 | 07:46 PM
JeepMaker
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with those that say,'take it as a compliment".

When I first got my Crossfire, I was stunned at how many people would stare at it and ask, "what kind of car is that, it's sweet"!

In 2005 the wife and I were in the Smokey mountains. We took a long ride through Cades Cove, up the Rich Mountain bypass road and wound our way back towards Gatlinburg.
We stopped outside a small town for gas and as I was filling up this guy rides in on a beautiful custom bike. Older guy, grey hair and long grey mustache.
As I'm gassing up he starts walking slowly around the car. Finally he notices me watching him and catches himself. He says, "sorry, I was just admiring this awsome looking car". I thanked him and we talked for a few minutes, nice guy.

It's much easier to be nice to people.

Old 04-27-2007 | 07:46 PM
Fishpart
Tourer

Just tell them it cost you lots of hard work and sweat but that's what you do when you want something in life.

Old 04-27-2007 | 08:21 PM
blackbob
Tourer

ORIGINAL: xxxflhrci

I just tell them the truth. It's not like the price is really any big secret. Why not tell them? It's no big deal to me.
Got to agree, what's the secret? Prices are listed on the website, unless you paid more than MSRP, that would be a little embarrassing.

Old 04-27-2007 | 08:28 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin
Veteran: Army

I just say, "I don't know how much it costs, my girlfriend bought it for me."

Old 04-27-2007 | 08:36 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior

I have found that people with less, or rather live paycheck to paycheck to pay the bills (yeh I know we all do, but some us of are able to have toys in that bill plan whereas others aren't so fortunate - or smart), ALWAYS ask "how much did that cost?" Be it a bike, a pair of new shoes, a new TV, WHATEVER. And I find the people asking me these questions are the people who do not have the money to enjoy the same luxuries (regardless of the reason).

Usually I tell them since they didn't pay the bill, they don't need to concern themself with the cost........... usually shuts them up but of course they walk off calling me a *itch too..................

Old 04-27-2007 | 09:18 PM
djkolp
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: BadBobOk

I'm really getting tired of this. Yesterday when I came out of the gas station after paying for my gas, there were these two dweebs standing around my bike wide eyed, drooling and jerking off over my RKC. First thing out of their mouths was "how much did it cost you". My response, as usual, was "I don't remember". I've only had my RKC since the end of Februray, but this makes at least six times that this has happened. Why can't people just say "Nice Bike Dude!".

Jerking off over your RoadKing? I wonder what they would have done if they saw my Heritage Classic. Oh yea, you need more fiber in your diet BadBobOk!

DJK

Old 04-27-2007 | 10:46 PM
Danester
Road Master

When asked how much mine cost - I just say - "it was my USAF retirement gift - better than a watch!"

Old 04-27-2007 | 10:51 PM
baxter
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: RageAndMachine

oh geeez, who are we to call them dweebs as we type little messages to eachother on our computers???
no doubt, right? haha...

Old 04-28-2007 | 12:21 AM
HD7585
Outstanding HDF Member

TRUE DATT!!!
ORIGINAL: RageAndMachine

oh geeez, who are we to call them dweebs as we type little messages to eachother on our computers???

Quick Reply: Dweebs