General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dweebs

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007 | 04:25 PM
RageAndMachine
Road Master
Default RE: Dweebs

oh geeez, who are we to call them dweebs as we type little messages to eachother on our computers???

Old 04-27-2007 | 04:51 PM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: streetboob

ORIGINAL: jdgarant

Must have been a chef.
Canadian.

Remember Bob and Doug McKenzie? Take off, you hoser.
Good Day, eh? "Strange Brew"... D**M funny movie... Doug and Bob rock!

Old 04-27-2007 | 05:02 PM
rob i
Road Master

kinda hijacking the thread here for a moment, but this reminded me of the last time I was in Florida. I rented a softail deluxe at Jim's Harley Davidson in St. Pete and went riding with my buddy from high school. He was riding an 06 softail standard at the time. Anyway, we were taking a short break to get some water at cvs along gulf blvd on the beach. We made our way back to the bikes when a 15 or so year old kid said..."nice bikes". We obviously said "thanks!". He then proceded to ask "are those hondas?" I said "no, they are Harleys". He responded that they didn't look like Harleys, they looked more like Hondas...to which I replied "son, these are 2 harley softails"...his precious response "never heard of em". very very irritating, but made for a good laugh.

Rob

Old 04-27-2007 | 05:17 PM
jdgarant
Advanced

Were you insulted that a 15 year old couldn't tell the difference, or that he had the nerve to ask?

Old 04-27-2007 | 05:25 PM
rob i
Road Master

neither really. it was pretty funny actually. My buddy and I figured this kid's dad, or some other relative has a honda that looks like a harley. And it was ironic that he probably figured that Harley was copying the honda designs.

Old 04-27-2007 | 05:41 PM
jdgarant
Advanced

I can see how that would be kind of funny. I don't get annoyed when 15 year olds ask me questions I think they should already know.

If I had a dime for each time an adolescent asked me what I considered a dumb question, I would be able to buy BadBobOk's RKC.

Old 04-27-2007 | 05:41 PM
bone2
Tourer

OK I get it. Maybe these two "DWEEBS" as you call them are not that bright.
I will agree I don't care for people I don't know asking me about how much $$ I pay for things.
Anyway, the fact that the guy is talking to you should tell you "THE BRAIN SURGAIN" that they
are impressed with your bike and maybe even with you too.
I don't understand why you don't just take it as a compliment.
It lacks maturity.
being rude to them is likewhen you lookat an attractive woman, than smile and say hello,
and she says something like "What the hell are you looking at".
Immagine saying somthing like "sorry buddy but I don't like to talk about what I pay for things,
but save you money, I'd like to see you out there one day".

........Oh **** you mean I could have been nice to sombody just for the sake of doing so?...................uh oh.....what if my friends see me being a good guy to a dweeb?..........
WTF is this about really?

Old 04-27-2007 | 06:12 PM
chambeaux1
Tourer

I get annoyed by people asking personal questions and I consider that a personal question. However, I usually just blow it off with "too much" or "A lot but it's worth it". If they ask again, that is pestering and then I'm rude. Maybe something like "Tell me how much you make and I'll tell you if you can afford it".

Old 04-27-2007 | 06:19 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Welcome to the stand out crowd! You will be amazed at how many good people you will meet.Just try and relax a little life, is too short to be so keyed up.I have to say sometimes I just want to ride and do not want to be bothered.Like a famous actor says "Be Nice"!

Old 04-27-2007 | 07:15 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member

Perhaps your "Dweebs" were asking to see how much they'd have to earn/save to get one.... you never know! Better than having a guy ask "Is it yours?"

Quick Reply: Dweebs