General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

But I Didn't See Him Officer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Default RE: But I Didn't See Him Officer!

There is not really such as thing as an accident. It's a result of someone's NEGLIGENCE! Doesn't matter if they didn't see someone, were DUI, too busy yelling at the kids in back, etc. Anything that involves severe injury or death of someone else should be considered at least manslaughter. Harsh? You betcha. But we're at the point that harsh measures are required to force people to wake up and start taking responsibility for their actions!

Keep in mind that driving is still a PRIVILEGE (in spite of what people might think in this day and age), and you are required to be a responsible driver, AT ALL TIMES!!!

Old 04-26-2007, 10:12 PM
99superglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From the post above about the old lady high on weed that killed 2 of the riders........ How in the world could that not be manslaughter.
If you are doing something illegal that results in the death of another human being you should absolutely be held accountable for your actions.
Our justice system is royally F-cked up. I don't get it.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:21 PM
YUCK
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everybody carry handguns,,,settle it in the street,,,its our heritage

Old 04-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are riding a LEO bike, you are a LEO right?

SO WHY DIDN'T YOU TICKET THE $ITc!! ?

She will just nail some other biker, easily forgetting this incident.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:16 AM
Floridafred
Cruiser

A few days ago in another post I wrote how I had come across 3 serious motorcycle involved accidents within 5 days and all less than 3 miles from my home. Yesterday I came across number 4. The first was an 89 year old man with a suspended license (due to eyesite) went through a red light and t boned a biker. He then left the scene, went home to get his wife and returned trying to convince police she was driving. They both went to jail. Biker critical.
Details of the next two not sure but it appeared the cages entered the bikes right of way. The last one cager entered main road from side street attempting to cross lanes of trafic to make left turn. Bike t boned cager and actually spun the car around. Don't know condition of biker but judging from the accident scene I would guess deceased.

I get cut off or run out of my lane at least once a day usually more. The whole thing is really freaking me out. I personally think that big companies that make money from the motorcycle industry need to do more regarding public awareness. Unfortunately, we bikers have to take responsibility for the cagers in order to survive.

I ride with extreme caution. I don't like loud pipes but I'm going to get louder ones. I have the loudest horn I could find and I use it. I'm installing a headlight modulator next week. Also mirrors with the turn and running lights on them. Got the rest of the bike lit up pretty good. I practice swerving all the time. "Gotta practice serious breaking more often. (hard to do) Gonna do an engine build to get more torgue for escapes. I also pray a lot. It is so dangerous out there it is really scary.

It's not much better for the cagers. Last week my wife had a guy cut in front of her car clipping the front bumper and sending her into a concrete barrier at 65MPH. Miraculously she was not injured. Her car was totaled. The driver cut off two other cars sending them off the road and sped off. He was never caught. There is no courtesy and everybody has gone nuts. Gotta stop or this will resemble a rant.
Fred

Old 04-27-2007, 01:42 AM
WouldBeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Floridafred

A few days ago in another post I wrote how I had come across 3 serious motorcycle involved accidents within 5 days and all less than 3 miles from my home. Yesterday I came across number 4. The first was an 89 year old man with a suspended license (due to eyesite) went through a red light and t boned a biker. He then left the scene, went home to get his wife and returned trying to convince police she was driving. They both went to jail. Biker critical.
Details of the next two not sure but it appeared the cages entered the bikes right of way. The last one cager entered main road from side street attempting to cross lanes of trafic to make left turn. Bike t boned cager and actually spun the car around. Don't know condition of biker but judging from the accident scene I would guess deceased.

I get cut off or run out of my lane at least once a day usually more. The whole thing is really freaking me out. I personally think that big companies that make money from the motorcycle industry need to do more regarding public awareness. Unfortunately, we bikers have to take responsibility for the cagers in order to survive.

I ride with extreme caution. I don't like loud pipes but I'm going to get louder ones. I have the loudest horn I could find and I use it. I'm installing a headlight modulator next week. Also mirrors with the turn and running lights on them. Got the rest of the bike lit up pretty good. I practice swerving all the time. "Gotta practice serious breaking more often. (hard to do) Gonna do an engine build to get more torgue for escapes. I also pray a lot. It is so dangerous out there it is really scary.

It's not much better for the cagers. Last week my wife had a guy cut in front of her car clipping the front bumper and sending her into a concrete barrier at 65MPH. Miraculously she was not injured. Her car was totaled. The driver cut off two other cars sending them off the road and sped off. He was never caught. There is no courtesy and everybody has gone nuts. Gotta stop or this will resemble a rant.
Fred
Whereabouts in Florida are you Fred? Sounds like you might be local. Did the 80+ year old guy pull in front of a 70s Honda?

Old 04-27-2007, 02:35 AM
atomic
Road Warrior

I think the whole I didn't see them thing is bullshit. They don't care whether you live or die. Even when I honk a horn at them they still don't stop.

Solution to the I didn't see them problem? Stick them in jail for 10 years if they kill someone due to their failure to obey the laws of the road. Stick enough of those ******** in jail and then they will begin to worry about whether they should turn in front of that motorcycle.

Old 04-27-2007, 02:39 AM
Nadil
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: atomic

I think the whole I didn't see them thing is bullshit. They don't care whether you live or die. Even when I honk a horn at them they still don't stop.

Solution to the I didn't see them problem? Stick them in jail for 10 years if they kill someone due to their failure to obey the laws of the road. Stick enough of those ******** in jail and then they will begin to worry about whether they should turn in front of that motorcycle.
I couldn't agree more!! Tougher punishment laws may make that person think twice instead of saying "oh its just a motorcycle".

Old 04-27-2007, 09:03 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

As I said in another post,it happened to me and I totalled my bike,The cop sided with the drunk lady in the cage,come to find out he was seeing her.I was young and numb.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Floridafred
Cruiser

wouldbehd. Boynton Beach, Florida. Not sure of the make of bike involved but it happened on Gateway. The last one was on Congress and the one before that on Military. Probably less that 3 miles between them.
Fred

Quick Reply: But I Didn't See Him Officer!