General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

But I Didn't See Him Officer!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM
dynamike74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: But I Didn't See Him Officer!

ORIGINAL: whitetrash

I've pulled in front of bikes I didn't see,it happens sometimes.I stopped in time,and felt foolish.But maybe dyno mike is a perfect driver? Accidents do happen,our jails are full enough without some stupid extra punishment for hurting bikers
I'm not a perfect driver and have had my share of near run-ins. However, cagers do not see us and I am a firm beleiver that it happens more to bikers than other motorists because we do not present a threat to them. It also happens to pedestrians and kids riding bicycles. If a motorist hits and kills or maims any other motorists or legal street user as a result of their careless or wreck less behavior, that person should go to jail.

They're called traffic accidents because no one wants to accept or assign blame. If we called them collisions or crashes and assigned appropriate blame more often, the roads would be safer.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:34 PM
parakiller
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cagers making left turns in front of me is my greatest worry...almost got nailed several times but lucky for my I was paying attention for the both of us. One of those near run ins the guy actually flipped me off...I tell you...I am glad that I have self control. what the fnck is wrong with people?

Old 04-26-2007, 01:09 PM
77Tulsa
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So then I stand corrected you wouldn't want me punished and held liable for my actions and I should be able to walk away with no guilt or blaim because I didn't see them???? Because I said you would want me "Hung out to dry or do life" if it wasyour family member. So thanks for being so forgiving and I standby what I said!

You are incorrect on both counts tulsa,but I'm glad you think you can either read my mind,or know me well. I stand by what I said!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 PM
kjriv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dynamike74

I've pulled in front of bikes I didn't see,it happens sometimes.I stopped in time,and felt foolish.But maybe dyno mike is a perfect driver? Accidents do happen,our jails are full enough without some stupid extra punishment for hurting bikers
I'm not a perfect driver and have had my share of near run-ins. However, cagers do not see us and I am a firm beleiver that it happens more to bikers than other motorists because we do not present a threat to them. It also happens to pedestrians and kids riding bicycles. If a motorist hits and kills or maims any other motorists or legal street user as a result of their careless or wreck less behavior, that person should go to jail.

They're called traffic accidents because no one wants to accept or assign blame. If we called them collisions or crashes and assigned appropriate blame more often, the roads would be safer.
Exactly.....accountability breeds awareness AND caution......

it happens WAY more frequently to bikers - they don't look at you..they look "through" you and it never even registers you're there...if people started paying for their carlessness/stupidity there'd be an incentive to minimize how often it happens...

Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I have had 3 accidents in which the cars did not see me. I was not seriously injured in any of them luckily. I got the same excuse each time. None of them saw me...

Old 04-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 77Tulsa

So then I stand corrected you wouldn't want me punished and held liable for my actions and I should be able to walk away with no guilt or blaim because I didn't see them???? Because I said you would want me "Hung out to dry or do life" if it wasyour family member. So thanks for being so forgiving and I standby what I said!
If it were your 16 year old son or daughter that killed a biker in an accident, would you support them being put away for the rest of their lives? How about for 20 years.If you can answer yes to this, then by god you are a better man than me. It doesn't make it any less painful to lose a family member in an accident, but intent DOES play a role in the punishment phase of these issues.

Submitted with all due respect.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Short Rant: All motorcyclists for some reason areperfect driversand never make a mistake...

Every time that I hear about a motorcyclists close call with another vehicle, it seems that it is always the "cagers" fault. Why is it that the motorcyclist never takes responsibility for defensive driving practices?IMO if the motorcyclist would take responsibility and was practicing defensive driving the "close calls" we all hear about would significantly decrease. I thinka majorityof the "close calls" could be avoided if the motorcyclist was more aware oftheir surroundings and takes responsibility for their "close calls" and quit blaming 100% of the problem with the cagers. I expect that 99% of motorcyclists own a car...does that mean that you are an idiot when youare behind the wheel on your cell phoneand are a perfect driver when you ride your bike??

Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 PM
bgismo20
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats why Loud Pipes save lives, you cant see em but you can for damn sure hear em, & that helps you pay attn

Old 04-26-2007, 02:52 PM
cadman311
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You tookmy works. LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES. The first weeks with queit pipes I was run off alot. Change to loud pipes, they move over. They even roll there windows up.

Old 04-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Two As One
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no such thing as an accident!
Somebody screwed up to make it happen!
Some one is at fault.
I've driven a truck for 26 yrs. all over the country
in all types of weather and terrain. I see stupid stuff all
the time. And if anybody cares I have over 3mill. miles
accident free. Pay attention people.

Quick Reply: But I Didn't See Him Officer!