General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riders Edge Course

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 01:05 PM
WouldBeHD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riders Edge Course

Went into my NewRidercourse last monthwith very limited riding experience and came out confident enough to buy the Deluxe and immediately take it for a couple hours of riding around the neighborhood. A week and one day later, the bike has seen every variety of highway save interstate (still breaking the motor in) and hasover 300 miles on the odo. You won't regret taking the course, just make sure to have fun with it, first and foremost!

Old 05-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,417 Likes on 6,176 Posts

Just relax, listen to what the instrutors say, do what they want you to do, and you will be fine. I took the class in 2000. I have been riding bikes since I was about 8 years old and Im 36 now. I thought I knew it all when it came to riding, but I was mistaken, I learned alot in the class, and it was also fun. There was a 63 year old woman in my class who had never even rode on the back of a bike, let alone rode one herself. After the first day or so she was in total control of her machine and she ended up passing the class.

Old 05-03-2007, 07:54 PM
cr411a
Novice

My wife and I took the course, at a stealer in Orem UT in April 07.Cost way too much, stealer spent way too much time trying to sell us all new Bikes. The course was put on by some great instuctors though. UT highway patorl riders.
BUT, most states, mine included, offer theexact same course for $75.00, including the bike.
I do not see my wife applying what was taught effectifly. I think the money would of been better spent on the state course and to may be take it again next spring or after the first 1000 miles.
I think the money can be better spent, than at the riders edge course.
May it was the "come on" to my wife by the stealer that rubbed me and the wife the wrong way. Still pissed about that.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:22 PM
BiffSteel45
Intermediate

You should have seen me (6'3" 325) on a Buell Blast last fall. It was interesting to say the least.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
babygrl
Cruiser

CR411, I'm sorry you and your wife did not have a good experience from the course. I learned so much from mine but I'm in the state of Georgia and not Utah. I would think that the course would be the same from state to state but maybe not. Our instructors never once tried to "sell" us anything. It was just suggested to go into the dealership and look at what was offered.

Old 05-04-2007, 10:44 AM
scarnay
Road Master

ORIGINAL: cr411a

My wife and I took the course, at a stealer in Orem UT in April 07.Cost way too much, stealer spent way too much time trying to sell us all new Bikes. The course was put on by some great instuctors though. UT highway patorl riders.
BUT, most states, mine included, offer theexact same course for $75.00, including the bike.
I do not see my wife applying what was taught effectifly. I think the money would of been better spent on the state course and to may be take it again next spring or after the first 1000 miles.
I think the money can be better spent, than at the riders edge course.
May it was the "come on" to my wife by the stealer that rubbed me and the wife the wrong way. Still pissed about that.
I was going to say that I have never heard anyone say anything bad about the course.

I CAN say that I have never heard anything bad said about the MSF Course. I thought the MSF Course and the Riders Edge Course were the same. In DE, the MSF Course at DMV was $50. The Riders Edge Course is $275.00 at the dealer even though both are taught by the same MSF Trainers. I don't get it........, best 50 bucks I have ever spent.