General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How hard is it to find a used CVO?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015 | 10:19 AM
screaminroadking
Road Master

Sorry all you haters, LOVE my CVO Paint issues? Chrome issues? Running hot? who's doesn't? Hence the aftermarket tuners. (ok a little motor issues especially with the earlier ones) all rectified by the way. Tire availability? Most who buy get them because they cant wrench there own? Ive had my 08 CVO Roadking since new. Have spent plenty of money changing things up to the way I want them, but who hasn't. Have 4 close friends that have CVO's from 03 up to now. Not a disappointed person in the bunch. Have a friend who traded in his very tricked out 07 CVO Roadking for a new 14 (last year) His 07 stayed on the dealership floor for less than 24 hours. Haters gonna hate lol.

Old 05-09-2015 | 08:13 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by TSheff
NO - IM(not so humble)O CVO's are for those guys who want a custom bike, don't have the skills or knowledge to build one, and don't realize that they aren't buying a custom bike. For the price of a CVO you can do wonders, have a bike that fits you, and is YOU -with money left over. BTW when the new wears off the CVO you just ate $8K-$10K.
ROFLMAO! You can do wonders alright and it won't be worth spit, except to the owner.
I'm on my 2nd Road Glide Ultra CVO and 28th mc, traded in last month my 2011 with 47K miles on it.

I've learned no matter what non CVO HD I purchased, I still ended up putting another $10K or more in it. I rather have all the bling upfront instead of piecemeal it over time, and by the time am done it's time to trade.

I remember back in '86 hearing a car salesman calming down a local in Camden SC that was complaining about the sticker price on a brand new '87 Corvette Convertible.
The local told the sales rep that his home wasn't worth what the MSRP sticker on the Vet was. The sales rep told him the truth, people who purchase $40K cars don't usually live in $20K homes.

What does it really take to make a HD or any mc to fit you? A seat, handlebars, pegs or floor boards, and maybe after market shocks. If that's your idea of custom, so be it.

I personally like the CVOs paint job and chrome bling along with the extras you couldn't put on a custom for less.
Could I build a one of a kind custom for myself, probably. But the cost in time, space & aggravation is a price I wouldn't want to pay.

Go to Daytona bike week or Strugis if you want to see what rolling art really looks like. After pricing those $100K plus customs, you'd think the HD CVOs were a bargain.

Old 05-09-2015 | 09:12 PM
mikeman54
Supporter

It would have to be a RGUCVO,but not in my budget have to be happy with my FLTHCU.

Old 05-09-2015 | 09:22 PM
Clubber
Road Warrior

Very good point on holding their value vs. $10K in added parts don't. One day I might own one if the right one came out. The current RK CVOs weren't really my style.

Old 05-09-2015 | 09:39 PM
Tenn
Tourer

Chrome won't get ya home but it will get ya laid...........................

Ride On

Old 05-10-2015 | 08:05 AM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Most CVOs I've seen, are way over the top in "over doing it". Too much chrome, too much flash. But...to each their own. Good Luck with your search. And with this thread. I hope it doesn't deteriorate like the last one.

Ain't nuth'n changed in here much, i'm see'n.....
They ain't fer EVERbody, dude.....kind'a like......p***y.....

Originally Posted by cptdenny
ROFLMAO! You can do wonders alright and it won't be worth spit, except to the owner.
I'm on my 2nd Road Glide Ultra CVO and 28th mc, traded in last month my 2011 with 47K miles on it.

I've learned no matter what non CVO HD I purchased, I still ended up putting another $10K or more in it. I rather have all the bling upfront instead of piecemeal it over time, and by the time am done it's time to trade.

I remember back in '86 hearing a car salesman calming down a local in Camden SC that was complaining about the sticker price on a brand new '87 Corvette Convertible.
The local told the sales rep that his home wasn't worth what the MSRP sticker on the Vet was. The sales rep told him the truth, people who purchase $40K cars don't usually live in $20K homes.

What does it really take to make a HD or any mc to fit you? A seat, handlebars, pegs or floor boards, and maybe after market shocks. If that's your idea of custom, so be it.

I personally like the CVOs paint job and chrome bling along with the extras you couldn't put on a custom for less.
Could I build a one of a kind custom for myself, probably. But the cost in time, space & aggravation is a price I wouldn't want to pay.

Go to Daytona bike week or Strugis if you want to see what rolling art really looks like. After pricing those $100K plus customs, you'd think the HD CVOs were a bargain.
I've told'em b'fore.....ya got'a OWN 1, ta appreciate 1......BUT.....they'll throw 30K , in a 20K 'stock' off the floor bike......and cry like a b**ch.....when they trade , or try to......fer sumthin else, and they offer'em
5K less than they originally paid fer the damn thing....

Old 05-10-2015 | 08:12 AM
jurgie
Tourer

Originally Posted by Calamity Joe
I was looking on cycletrader just to be nosey. I am aware that CVO's are a bit rarer than a standard bike. However I just wasn't sure how often one turn up for sale. Just curious about average how long I may have to wait till one comes available? Trying to get a reality check on this subject.

Btw is was looking at '02 King's fell in love with the color and style of them.If I have to wait a very long time past my time to buy I may just drop it for a standard bike.
2014 CVO Roadking sitting on floor in WAUSAU WI I know they will deal on this one. go to wausau harley site

Old 05-10-2015 | 10:12 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by Harleyrider_49

I've told'em b'fore.....ya got'a OWN 1, ta appreciate 1......BUT.....they'll throw 30K , in a 20K 'stock' off the floor bike......and cry like a b**ch.....when they trade , or try to......fer sumthin else, and they offer'em
5K less than they originally paid fer the damn thing....

If Liberace was a biker & still alive, he'd own this. The photo doesn't do it any justice. This one is the King of Bling, the Liberace Special, the 2015 Street Glide CVO.

Now build one for less, I double dog dare ya. lol

Old 05-13-2015 | 09:48 AM
BCKNBLK
Tourer

Well, the sales manager at my local dealership called me about this 2011 CVO SG with 7,700mi on it (after a few months ago I told him I was interested in a nice used 2011 or 2012). I had a very nice big blue pearl 2012 SG that I traded in on this one. The previous owner put more into this CVO than what I paid for my 2012 SG brand new and my local dealership did every nut and bolt on it. I got the 2011 for $1,000 over book value and got over $20,000 of work on top of the cost of the bike the original owner paid new in 2011. I'd say I made out on the deal and have a one of a kind CVO. I'll take my CVO anyday

Old 05-13-2015 | 10:52 AM
bettingpython
Outstanding HDF Member

Check chopper exchange, also check EBAY, that's how I found the 09 FXDFSE my wife wanted at a local used bike dealer. We paid more for a 5 year old Fat Bob than a brand new 2015, but after she rode the new 2015 the first thing she said was she was glad she got the CVO. I am of the opinion that for a daily rider which is what I am a regular bike bought new with the mods you need to make it fit you and your style is better than a new CVO, at least price wise. That being said I think the sexiest bike on the road is my wife's FXDFSE, maybe that's a little bias on my part...

Quick Reply: How hard is it to find a used CVO?