General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCV Autotune suddenly not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 08:47 PM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PCV Autotune suddenly not working

I came back from a ride today and tried to check my trims. Hooked up the computer and realized that all my trims were 0. I confirmed that Autotune was turned on and started up the bike. The Autotune button never went green on the computer screen and the computer didn't show any AFR numbers. All cables are connected and the Autotune unit LED light is working.

Not sure what is going on, it has been working fine for the last 2 months. I downloaded the map from my last Autotune session, but still nothing.

I'm going to call Dynojet in the morning, but just wanted to see if anyone had any advice.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:11 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Olsen185
I came back from a ride today and tried to check my trims. Hooked up the computer and realized that all my trims were 0. I confirmed that Autotune was turned on and started up the bike. The Autotune button never went green on the computer screen and the computer didn't show any AFR numbers. All cables are connected and the Autotune unit LED light is working.

Not sure what is going on, it has been working fine for the last 2 months. I downloaded the map from my last Autotune session, but still nothing.

I'm going to call Dynojet in the morning, but just wanted to see if anyone had any advice.
Check to make sure there is a little black jumper in ONE of your AT modules. It is required. It sits right beside the cable. I lost it and mine did the same thing.....The new one is taped on.....

Old 04-27-2015, 08:01 AM
Tufel
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Can a O2 sensor go bad? I'd guess so, wonder if it could be that?

Old 04-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It's obvious: you need more useless electronic crap.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:36 AM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the iPhone App so I can sit in my office on slow days and browse through past history AF reports and take mental notes for the next time I'm in the garage with my laptop connected Actually, this weekend was the first time I downloaded the PCV software and hooked my laptop up to my bike. It was interesting for sure, cool as heck, but I could never get into playing with my AF mixtures. I'd sooner take it to a local speed shop and have them dyno tune it. But the canned tunes are good enough for me. I pulled my plugs this weekend and they were perfect.

As far as the autotune problem, isn't there a ground wire associated with them? I know the FLXIEDs require a good ground and don't work without it. Not sure if the autotunes are the same.

Last edited by Thumper09; 04-27-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-27-2015, 01:48 PM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm not sure I even want to admit this, but I found the problem. The cable between the Autotune and PCV got disconnected. Can't believe I didn't notice the missing cable right away.

Thanks for taking the time and trying to help.

Old 04-28-2015, 06:39 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Olsen185
I'm not sure I even want to admit this, but I found the problem. The cable between the Autotune and PCV got disconnected. Can't believe I didn't notice the missing cable right away.

Thanks for taking the time and trying to help.
Glad you found it.....while you're in there, grab some electrical tape and tape the connectors and jumper onto the modules.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:24 AM
Thumper09
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Could you FEEL a difference when the Autotune wasn't working? What's it's purpose? It's an expensive option, isn't it? I thought the purpose was for those who mod their bike often and would waive the need to have it dyno tuned every time, right?