General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Off brand chopper ID-need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 01:17 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigfoot1
That's exactly what is goin on...never had a tire bigger than a 130. It is a Black Cloud, found a guy at Midwest ran the #'s and says its an el bruto 113, 125/125 out of the box. Should work if I can get used to that stupid 10 inch wide contact patch. Also the trail measures almost 7 inches the way it sits. Going to add a set of 3 degree cups this weekend and see if I can get that back to a more reasonable number.
Suspect it'll make it worse but please post up the results I've never dealt with those hands on yet and good luck. Those 113's are nice motor do the required maintenance and little attention things that tend to pop up and it'll give you a good 30k before major issues arise.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll keep you posted. Building trikes has me leaning towards trees, but since there was a set of cups on the shelf I'm going in...same principle as trees on this. Not positive but by the beer can measurements last night I think I can get it back to 4 ish........ We'll see!!

Old 04-24-2015, 06:42 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

Well I was thinking of it all wrong, the cups move the stem. Essentially moving the neck for measuring purposes and increasing the trail. Never could wrap my head around all that without getting the book out. Guessin I'll ride it, with some taller wider bars it'll be fine, just a toy anyway.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:17 PM
HDMoparBoy
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hdbob2006
I believe "Ultima" was sold by Midwest Cycle,AKA"Jireh" Mid-Usa was another company. -All located in Missouri.
BINGO!! we have a winner.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:11 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Well I was thinking of it all wrong, the cups move the stem. Essentially moving the neck for measuring purposes and increasing the trail. Never could wrap my head around all that without getting the book out. Guessin I'll ride it, with some taller wider bars it'll be fine, just a toy anyway.
There you go , best way to get a good idea what you really need to play with verse just getting busy and hoping.

2 bit's of advice if your open would be get a fender on it as I wouldn't want my nuts that close to a grinder and your not sure of the handling and second is either rig up a belt guard of some kind for that front pulley or start wearing tall boots and tuck that pants leg in, belt burn or worse on the back of that leg is no joke.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

Agreed, the belt burns from my last one were not forgotten! I will be making one soon. There was a kinda fender on it when I picked it up, not put on worth a damn, seat sucks too. I'm goint to start making a fender that is mounted to the frame, not the swingarm as it is now, tonight. Then I'll try my hand at a seat...Also got the calipers rebuilt over the weekend and tightened the neck, more than 5 turns out. No wonder it had a shimmy.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:47 PM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by Next In Line
OCC budget bike?
Or OCC Abortion kit bike.

Old 04-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

I can handle a bit of ugly, but if it were occ anything I would've passed!

Old 04-28-2015, 05:54 PM
Mi3ninos
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,762 Likes on 700 Posts

I can handle a bit of ugly, but if it were occ anything I would've passed!
What is the rake n trail on that?
If i recall too much trail makes the front heavy (floppy) at slow speed but will track straight and stable at higher speeds.

Last edited by Mi3ninos; 04-28-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:15 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Mi3ninos
What is the rake n trail on that?
If i recall too much trail makes the front heavy (floppy) at slow speed but will track straight and stable at higher speeds.
It's 38 degrees. I believe the frame is 8 up and 6 out. trail measures 6 1/2. it does go straight at speed. Parking lots suck.

Quick Reply: Off brand chopper ID-need help