General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wearing Harley gear looked down upon?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:28 PM
kingxirol
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by DeDub
I hope you didn't think my comment was directed towards you and if you did I do apologize if I sounded harsh but I get bent on the judgemental public. I'm just stating that I'll wear what I want and not worry about what others think. The last part of my comment is basically saying that if I seem different is someone's eyes, maybe I just see them as all the same. Hope that was more civil.
Naah .. we're good brother! My skin is a tad too thick to be offended by a remark on internet. And you are right about judgemental public. Hell I wear my rain-suit lower as a wind-breaker for my suit pants (yes I have to wear a friggin' suit at work) everyday riding to work even if it's not raining. If I started caring what others think about how I look, life would be real hard for me.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:53 AM
01fxdxt
Stellar HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Donnybrook
I dare you to call this guy a poser.

Haha ,yea ,wear what you want to wear.....

Old 03-25-2015, 09:37 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,578 Likes on 679 Posts
Old 03-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Car Doc
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lmao now that's just plain funny dont matter who ya are.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:22 AM
SouthernWalker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kngpn
Id be more apt to wear the stuff if the logo was just on the tag.
Ask and you shall receive.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Official-Har...item58bfb090c7

Old 03-25-2015, 11:39 AM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
SOA Colors......huh?
Guess I'm all good wearing my HD jacket then......
Here ya go, Northern Glide. Be sure and read the description!

http://shop.fxnetworks.com/sons-of-a...ons-of-anarchy

"Being a part of the club isn’t just about getting to say you’re one of the Sons. Your cuts show you live and die for the club. With a Reaper on your back and SAMCRO patch on your front you walk with prestige and everyone knows to be wary. Show you’re a son for life with a true outlaw’s vest. Pull on your cuts without gouging your wallet when you don the Sons of Anarchy Reaper Faux Leather Vest. The black vest features the Sons of Anarchy patch across the shoulders above the iconic reaper patch. The collarless vest features two front faux pocket flaps and an easy zipper so you can quickly get on the road in pure SAMCRO style. With this vest you can reap anarchy in proper style.

Ready for the real deal? The SOA Leather Rebel Vest Regular is a real motorcycle vest that’s ready for you to sew your patches on. There’s also a long vest version so you get the perfect fit for the perfect ride."

Northern Glide, all we have to do is each get a vest, stitch on a Minnesota "territorial" patch on the bottom, and we could start the "official" Minnesota chapter of the Sons of Anarchy. I'm sure if I talk to the guy I see around town I could get him to be our club enforcer. He certainly looks the part.

Next time I see him, I'll put my life on the line and see if I can snap an undercover picture.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Sierra977
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3,988 Likes on 2,065 Posts

Originally Posted by SouthernWalker
Man I'm all over that. Nice shirt, good color, no logo, GREAT PRICE. ...and it's the wrong size.

Old 03-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Reichpapers
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amkaos
Subtle badging is very different than branding that takes up massive real estate on an item...
How would you feel if a Harley dealer branded all his bikes before selling them? Is that ok or not?
You're just viewing it wrong mate, don't think of it as you advertising for them, it's jsut you advertising your hobby.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:32 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by MNPGRider
Here ya go, Northern Glide. Be sure and read the description!

http://shop.fxnetworks.com/sons-of-a...ons-of-anarchy

"Being a part of the club isn’t just about getting to say you’re one of the Sons. Your cuts show you live and die for the club. With a Reaper on your back and SAMCRO patch on your front you walk with prestige and everyone knows to be wary. Show you’re a son for life with a true outlaw’s vest. Pull on your cuts without gouging your wallet when you don the Sons of Anarchy Reaper Faux Leather Vest. The black vest features the Sons of Anarchy patch across the shoulders above the iconic reaper patch. The collarless vest features two front faux pocket flaps and an easy zipper so you can quickly get on the road in pure SAMCRO style. With this vest you can reap anarchy in proper style.

Ready for the real deal? The SOA Leather Rebel Vest Regular is a real motorcycle vest that’s ready for you to sew your patches on. There’s also a long vest version so you get the perfect fit for the perfect ride."

Northern Glide, all we have to do is each get a vest, stitch on a Minnesota "territorial" patch on the bottom, and we could start the "official" Minnesota chapter of the Sons of Anarchy. I'm sure if I talk to the guy I see around town I could get him to be our club enforcer. He certainly looks the part.

Next time I see him, I'll put my life on the line and see if I can snap an undercover picture.
Oh Chit......
I thought you were 'joshing on the description until I opened the link.
I don't want to know how many they sell..............but then again I have to vouch for anyone's right to wear anything they please in the US of A.
Carry on..............

Old 03-25-2015, 12:35 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

I don't have an issue wearing HD branded anything. I'm proud to own and ride a Harley. Moto clothes adds immensely to the profit margin, which doesn't bother me either. This is America, home of capitalism, right? I would prefer buy USA, but I'm not going to buy something if it isn't. Again, welcome to America, home of the free. Every time you saddle up on your hog, you should thank a RUB or a poser. God bless you for supporting the MoCo, regardless of your intentions.

Quick Reply: Wearing Harley gear looked down upon?