General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wearing Harley gear looked down upon?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:12 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Firewoman
I've never seen so many men in one place that were so concerned with the clothes other people wear. It's like being in a beauty shop full of gossipy old biddies. How many of you are getting the blue rinse in your hair?

Thank you Firewoman!

Old 03-23-2015, 12:16 PM
Concours
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
You can wear your Harley jacket when you ride your RSV BUT you have to wear it inside out.

Duh, why didn't I think of that! I guess I could just pull out my old AF flight jacket and wear it .... oops, that doesn't fit anymore .. good thing I have lot's of riding jackets to pick from (my wife says I collect jackets like she collects shoes.)

Old 03-23-2015, 12:27 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,843 Likes on 2,296 Posts

Originally Posted by Firewoman
I've never seen so many men in one place that were so concerned with the clothes other people wear. It's like being in a beauty shop full of gossipy old biddies. How many of you are getting the blue rinse in your hair?
I would opt for a blue rinse but I worry that the result might end up clashing with the paint scheme on my bike. I prefer black outfits and I throw in a pair of harley orange socks to add just a subtle hint of color.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:31 PM
RANGERRICK
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just about sums it up . Double thumbs up .

RR

Originally Posted by heritageblue2013
There is a cool factor when you wear Harley clothing. If this is not true, why do so many people enjoying wearing it?
The people that have a problem with it probably are upset they can not afford it. It's a free country, companies can do what they want. Generally they will provide customers with what makes them money.
I know many of you on this site claim not to buy a cup of Starbucks, but there are millions of people that do because they enjoy the brand name.
Could care less if someone looks down on me, I own two Harleys, drink Starbucks, and have a couple of other over priced hobbies.
This is Facebook drama at it's best. Oh.......Im not on Facebook, wait a minute......Im here, lol

Old 03-23-2015, 12:34 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

I guess those that live in a nudist colony don't have to worry about things like this....

Old 03-23-2015, 12:51 PM
nightmistautomotive
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Got a couple shirts cause I liked them, have owned a few pair of their boots cause I liked em, and own an FXRG leather jacket because to me it's the best damned jacket I've ever worn and again, I like it. So if you like it, wear it. If you don't, don't. If you're that concerned with what others think about your clothes go buy an armani suit and a rolex. That should impress people.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:16 PM
petdoc94
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed....Ride what ya want....wear what ya want...and all others that don't like it sure don't have to look....Be proud of yourself and what ya ride...Enjoy life and to H$%$# with what anyone else thinks...

Old 03-23-2015, 02:47 PM
01fxdxt
Stellar HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Myself,like at least one other poster said,I never wear clothes with words on it,advertising etc..And I have always felt designer stuff was for the ladies if they wished.You people wear what you want even if it makes you look feminine ,haha....

Last edited by 01fxdxt; 03-23-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:50 PM
Grizzwood
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I wear HD clothes all the time. The only person I am critical of is myself for not buying HD stock back in the late 1980s when I got of the Army. I used my savings to put a down payment on a house, and eventually lost all that money plus some due to market depreciation. Had I invested back then, I would've been a millionaire within two decades.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:53 PM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 192 Posts

I also wear what I want & don't give a F__K what someone else has to say. By the way, no one has ever said anything to my face.

Quick Reply: Wearing Harley gear looked down upon?