General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOCAL HOG CHAPTER..YES/NO

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2005, 07:34 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LOCAL HOG CHAPTER..YES/NO

I decided to go ahead and ask this question. Do you belong to your local hog chapter? The national hog? or both? I am currently a member of the miami chapter. i have not been able to make a meeting in about a year now and because of my work schedule i can not participate in many of the events. I know its only 20 bucks a year to stay active but is it worth it? I do like being a member of the national HOG. i have gotten benefits and discounts with that membership. just thought i'd throw it out there for your opinions

Old 09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
pointswhat
Road Captain
Default RE: LOCAL HOG CHAPTER..YES/NO

I am not a member. Due to working midnights and weekends I can rarely attend events let alone meetings unless I take time off work.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:40 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

When I got my Springer, I got a membership to the H O G. I have the same problem that you do, my work schedule plus I bought the bike 90 mi from home. I think that there are some good things about the H O G, but I just don't have the time to participate. I am going to try and make the rally in Billings next year. It will be my first and it will be interesting to see what they do.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:57 PM
ecvjohn
Banned

National member, have not looked much into local yet.

Old 09-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Ice
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes I am a member of H O G but,haven't much time for the meetings.I usually ride with a couple other clubs or other friends.I should partipate more often.We do some charity runs in the community ie: lightening run ,flood run,etc.We ride these for the cause,but not fond of many of the inexperienced riders.100-4000 bikes can be dangerous.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:21 PM
slowhand
Cruiser

National member only. Haven't given much thought to joining local. I really prefer to ride alone or with a buddy of mine. Not much of a group kind of guy.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:34 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorta. My wife and I are officers in our local CMA chapter so most of our time is spend doing CMA stuff. I go to HOG chapter meetings and help at their charity events when time allows.

Old 09-15-2005, 09:40 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

I'm the Road Captain in the local CMA chapter, so don't have much time for anything else. I do work the local HD shop's open house as parking lot security, traffic control, handing out tickets for drawings, etc. But the HOG folks generally cringe whenever I show up on my old Sloptail. Guess I don't meet the chrome criteria. [8D]

Old 09-15-2005, 10:17 PM
mikeisglidn
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

no!

Old 09-15-2005, 10:32 PM
TxMoores
Road Warrior

Both... I was a member of only the National Chapter for a long time and had attended one local meeting, but wasn't impressed. Earlier this summer some of my local member friends invited me to come to a meeting (not knowing that I had been before) and it was completely different. I attend about 2/3 of the meetings, but can't make most of the events BUT I have made some more good friends. The first meeting I went to was not very well attended, several officers were absent and I didn't know but one person there. I think the difference is that the next time I went I knew 10 to 20 of the people and it was well attended and everyone was great....

Quick Reply: LOCAL HOG CHAPTER..YES/NO