General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just made a deal with the devil...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Darryl88
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just made a deal with the devil...

ORIGINAL: anubisss

sort of. A friend of mine needs references for his credit application for a new car he is financing. I have no credit and every time I try to finance something they say I need a cosigner so I siad Iwould be reference as long as he will co sign a loan if I ever need one. My brain is now quickly running through all the bikes I could get with a trade in of the fatty, or what I would really like to do is keep the fatty as I own it and finance another new bike like maybe a nightrod special for those times I want to go a little faster. Anyway, he said okay. I would much rather spend $3-500 a month on a new bike than anything else I need. I'm sure the wife will read this and laugh, but it is a nice thought...
[sm=badidea.gif][sm=boink3.gif][sm=closed.gif]

Old 04-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 30 Posts

funny thing is- you WONT "own" it until the last payment is made!

Old 04-21-2007, 04:23 PM
ChicagoJ
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: anubisss

I was thinking about building the credit. I might want to buy a house some day...
If you are gonna be looking to buy a place your gonna need minimum 24 mos credit history and at least three trade lines. I work in the mortgage buis and see people all the time that have always paid cash and we have a hell of a time trying to get them a loan.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:31 PM
cajunrph
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Get yourself an American Express card. Run all your monthly bills through it, pay it off each month and in a years time bingo, credit history.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:50 PM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cajunrph

Get yourself an American Express card. Run all your monthly bills through it, pay it off each month and in a years time bingo, credit history.
[sm=goodidea.gif]

'cept... my wife just got back froma round trip paid to NY paid for with the points earned by using theCC to purchase "everything". Seriously, we were really cash only people for a long time and one day we had an epiphany of sorts...since then we've "earned" over $1000.00 in free gasfrom Shell andseveral "free" roundtripplane tickets as well.

The "secret" is to use the credit card for purchases (even the utility bills) and MAKE DAMN SURE TO PAY 'EM OFF EVERY MONTH. As a financial planner once told me, "If you're not willing to take a 20% cut in pay, why would you be willing to pay 20% more for everything by carrying a balance on your credit cards?" (in reality you can end up paying several100% more for something on a revolving credit account).

Don't waste your time with the Harley Chrome Card... tempting as it may be to earn "free chrome", you gotta "spend" $2500 to get a $25 gift certificate - while running all your expenses through the card might get you a couple of $25 gift cards, compared to some of the other deals out there this one is kinda weak.Besides, when did you ever go into a dealership and find chrome for $25? (Consider you gotta spend $10,000.00 on the card to get $100.00 worth of Chrome Cash). And yeah, I got one, used it to pay for "school" (total of $275.00 in Chrome Cash), but haven't used it since.

Old 04-21-2007, 05:10 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

NEVER CO-SIGN for anyone EVER LOL

Not for your kids not for your wife not for your bestest friend. If they screw up its on you to pay and if they don't care about their credit they will take you down with them. Making you try to reposses it from them... or making you pay the payments on it..

If u got bad credit...
You can start repairing it by paying all your bills now on time.
Then getting a CCard and making a 1000 dollar purchase and let it sit, paying the min for about 5-8 months. Then pay it off.. rinse and repeat.
By the end of a year or 2 you will have good credit again. Then you can get your loan on a bike(A GOOD THING) why?? cause it helps u build up credit so
when you try to go buy a f'n house you can get a loan eh? sound good.. yes it does.. the payments on a bike are pretty damn low per month and build ur credit up
a lot while you pay it on-time... eventually paying it off.

Sure it is nice to PAY for a bike upfront, but then again you are out all that money at once and does nothing for your credit.

Old 04-21-2007, 07:22 PM
UnkleKronik
Road Captain

if you need a cosigner and credit, you can't afford it.

so simple it's stupid

Old 04-21-2007, 07:31 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

Not for your kids not for your wife not for your bestest friend.
I co-signed for my daughter, didn't give it a second thought. She needed a start at only 17. If you raise them right , you have no worries .
At 40 , your on your own , do as suggested , get a CC card and PAY it. They are good at building credit but better at destroying lives if they aren't cared for.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:25 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

anubiss...from reading about you and your life, your beliefs, and all this last year....you dont need credit, especially a revolving CC or AMX...no offense, you just dont need em

Old 04-21-2007, 08:38 PM
AK97fxdwg
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

Not for your kids not for your wife not for your bestest friend. If they screw up its on you to pay and if they don't care about their credit they will take you down with them. Making you try to reposses it from them... or making you pay the payments on it..

If u got bad credit...
You can start repairing it by paying all your bills now on time.
Then getting a CCard and making a 1000 dollar purchase and let it sit, paying the min for about 5-8 months. Then pay it off.. rinse and repeat.
By the end of a year or 2 you will have good credit again. Then you can get your loan on a bike(A GOOD THING) why?? cause it helps u build up credit so
when you try to go buy a f'n house you can get a loan eh? sound good.. yes it does.. the payments on a bike are pretty damn low per month and build ur credit up
a lot while you pay it on-time... eventually paying it off.

Sure it is nice to PAY for a bike upfront, but then again you are out all that money at once and does nothing for your credit.

So never trust ANYone?? My big sister co-signed for my first loan on a beater car in 1972 and I made damn sure she never had to see or hear ANYthing about it until the day I showed her the pink slip. God bless Big Sister.

Quick Reply: Just made a deal with the devil...