General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At the end of the day, we're one lucky group of folks.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 01:20 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: At the end of the day, we're one lucky group of folks.

ORIGINAL: wideglide95th

wideglide95th's reply
Somebody needs to STICKY this. A reply with the MOST sense on this forum to date bar none!.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-21-2007, 01:37 PM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

God has nothing to do with it. You are kidding yourself if you think that it does. I know that I will likely get a boat load of wrath for saying that but, personal experience has taught me well. Wait until your life burns down around you, and see what God does for you.

You make your own way through life and attempt to do good and have good things happen. All we can do is the best we can. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Angry, bitter, concerning certain areas of my past beliefs, you bet. Be thankful for what you do have as it could all be taken from you ina matter of seconds.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,487 Likes on 4,380 Posts

Thank You, wideglide95th!

Blessings to you for that!
ORIGINAL: wideglide95th

My .04 worth. I have already given .02 in this thread, but thought I would post another .02 cents worth.This is an unpopular opinion in our world today, but I do not always yield tothe masses, so here goes.

I do not believe in luck. "Success is where opportunity meets preparation." AND; We can not think that we control every thing about our lives, by doing so is fooling ourselves that we are a god. We do not decidewhat nation and parentsweare bornof orwhen our death will occur. We do not orchestrate all circumstances that affect our lives any more than we can control our birth place, the time of our death, or the actions of the shooter at Virginia Tech. (No God did not cause that; He allowed it, becausewe have our own free will to make our decisions, just as we decide to work hard.)Our only control is to prepare ourselves as best we can so that when and if the opportunity presents itself we can grasp it. We prepare ourselves through the hard work, and only the hard work mentioned above. Only God allows us the health to prepare and the opportunities to present themselves so that we may grasp them. Only throughGod's graceallowing us to be born with our mental faculties, our hearts to beat, air to breathe, and circumstances presenting themselves do we become "successful". I am not going to fool myself that I am what I am today only because of me. I owe it to the creator of the universe and creator of all mankind.I also owe it to the fine men and women who have served this great country in the military.I also owe itmy parents and all acquaintenances that have shaped me in to the person I am today.So, I will repeat myself. ITHANK GOD THAT IWAS BORN AN AMERICAN AND HE HAS BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY AND HEALTH WISE TO BE ABLE TO RIDE A HARLEY DAVIDSON.

If any one is offended by this thread, I doNOT apologize. I sympathize with you.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:24 PM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: randy78045

Even the poorest among us are truly blessed... sometimes i knowineed to be reminded...
There you go talking about me again!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 04:16 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Hello 05 WD GLD,

I debated whether to respond, but decided to anyway.

I am sorry for your pain you haveexperienced in your past.We all have tragedies if we live long enough. Me too. I felt angry for a long time. No more detail than to say suicide of a family member. I still feel the pain, especially during the holidays around my niece. I read a qoute once by a man named Oswald Chambers. "Anger is an acid that corrodes the vessel it is stored inmore than the object or person it is poured upon."

Apparently youride a wide glide. Great choice of bike.Ride safe my friend.

Old 04-21-2007, 04:36 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

Board conflicts, differences of opinion, lifestyles, and reasons for riding aside – at the end of the day, when all is said and done, we are all one lucky group of folks. We get to enjoy what many out there only dream of doing. And that is, riding a Harley-Davidson motorcycle. I think it’s easy to forget just how damned expensive these things can be and how fortunate we all are to be able to have such an item. The majority of folks out there just aren’t in the position to lay out $20,000.00 or better on a motorcycle. We can and we do; for some of us, several times over.

I don’t know about the rest of you, but sometimes I tend to forget (take for granted) just how fortunate and lucky I’ve been in my life. I look around at the things I’ve accomplished, the tangibles I’ve acquired, the companies I've built, the people in my life, my amazng wife and children, and can’t help but be thankful. Sure, like so many of you, I’ve struggled and paid my dues. But in comparison to so many out there, it’s been a cake walk.

I guess what I’m trying to get at is that in spite of our differences of opinion here on the boards, let’s never lose sight of just how damn lucky we are to even be able to own a Harley; let alone several. Life is good.

[sm=icon_blah.gif]

Old 04-21-2007, 05:11 PM
badherb
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

last summer after a very serious and potentially life threatening accident while at work I started counting my blessings. I have three.... wife, 2 beautiful children. all the other stuff is just fluff, counting my bike too. I live everyday thanking each one of my blessing for what they do for me.
yup! I'm one lucky son of a gun.

Old 04-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

WideGlide95th,

Bravo, that's very well said and exactly right.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:56 AM
the sniper
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from an Englishman..... (electra glide 07 owner)

you,s are very lucky to live and ride where you do.(USA)...i have worked and lived in

America...and love it over there...

i consider myself very lucky too...but also worked hard to get where i am....

Old 12-18-2007, 01:29 AM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Good post, Tx. The biker brotherhood still lives, maybe not as strong and obvious as long ago, if only because of this one thing that we have in common, our love of Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Life is always good if you recognize it for what it is.

Quick Reply: At the end of the day, we're one lucky group of folks.