General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At the end of the day, we're one lucky group of folks.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:41 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: At the end of the day, we're one lucky group of folks.

electraRICK,

Don't forget that LUCK in being a citizen of the USA (or one of the few nations that doesnt crush you under it's fist) is what makes your hard work and it's resulting success possible...

If you lived in one of the communist countries you can work 120 hrs a week and still have nothing. The rest of the world is by and large mired in dictatorial or communist governments that crush any and all efforts at getting ahead.

We must all be thankful for our blessings and yes hard work sure helps get you where you want to go!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:53 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

TXharleyguy,

"No argument. But consider yourself lucky/fortunate to be ABLE to work your azz off."

That's what I was trying to say!

Old 04-21-2007, 01:21 AM
atomic
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I feel extra specially lucky. It was 70 degrees today. I have felt lucky driving to work the last couple of weeks even though when I left the house most days it has been 38 degrees. Now with warm weather today and expected the next few days I feel like I have been blessed.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:28 AM
GGC
Road Warrior

[sm=americanasmiley.gif][sm=biker2.gif][sm=exactly.gif]Speachless , But quite proud, Lets not forget the VETS that help keep it this way!!!

Old 04-21-2007, 02:29 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: GGC

Lets not forget the VETS that help keep it this way!!!
YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! God Bless those men and women in uniform; past, present, and future.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:42 AM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

Remember Marco !

Old 04-21-2007, 02:46 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Crushertx3

Remember Marco !
I'll give you this - Your tenancity- as it relates to said 'cause' -is to be applauded.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:14 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If my Lotto numbers hit tonight,, its then , that I shall consider myself lucky!!! lol

Old 04-21-2007, 01:04 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

My .04 worth. I have already given .02 in this thread, but thought I would post another .02 cents worth.This is an unpopular opinion in our world today, but I do not always yield tothe masses, so here goes.

I do not believe in luck. "Success is where opportunity meets preparation." AND; We can not think that we control every thing about our lives, by doing so is fooling ourselves that we are a god. We do not decidewhat nation and parentsweare bornof orwhen our death will occur. We do not orchestrate all circumstances that affect our lives any more than we can control our birth place, the time of our death, or the actions of the shooter at Virginia Tech. (No God did not cause that; He allowed it, becausewe have our own free will to make our decisions, just as we decide to work hard.)Our only control is to prepare ourselves as best we can so that when and if the opportunity presents itself we can grasp it. We prepare ourselves through the hard work, and only the hard work mentioned above. Only God allows us the health to prepare and the opportunities to present themselves so that we may grasp them. Only throughGod's graceallowing us to be born with our mental faculties, our hearts to beat, air to breathe, and circumstances presenting themselves do we become "successful". I am not going to fool myself that I am what I am today only because of me. I owe it to the creator of the universe and creator of all mankind.I also owe it to the fine men and women who have served this great country in the military.I also owe itmy parents and all acquaintenances that have shaped me in to the person I am today.So, I will repeat myself. ITHANK GOD THAT IWAS BORN AN AMERICAN AND HE HAS BLESSED ME FINANCIALLY AND HEALTH WISE TO BE ABLE TO RIDE A HARLEY DAVIDSON.

If any one is offended by this thread, I doNOT apologize. I sympathize with you.

Old 04-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Philt
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Widelid95th!
Phil

Quick Reply: At the end of the day, we're one lucky group of folks.