General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

model comparison? (Heritage/Street Glide/Road King)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2015 | 06:53 PM
RiverB
Tourer

The Road King is definitely the best of both of MY worlds. Comfortable two-up ride for a couple hundred miles, ditch the windshield in the motel room and cruise the old lady down Main Street to the steakhouse. Yeah, that's the ticket.

I'm just not a fan of full fairings and "infotainment". The latter is what I ride to forget about.

Old 02-22-2015 | 07:36 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Paul
In addition to a stereo/CD player/weather channel, the new Rushmore Street Glides provide a full set of instruments including a full size tach. You can read them at a glance and do not need to look down at the tank. You also get a full electronics package with GPS and large data display.

I have a 2015 Chevrolet Colorado with all that stuff. And it's 4 wheel drive for when the weather is bad.

I don't fault guys for wanting creature comforts. But you sure do miss out on a lot of what riding a motorcycle is all about. My opinion, which isn't worth a lot. But it is mine.

Old 02-22-2015 | 08:11 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

I had a RK and a Fatboy. Both had 14" apes. When I take the windshield of the RK it looks and feels the exact same to me as the Fatboy does around town. Bars look the same, chrome headlight looks similar...etc. I really don't feel any weight difference between the two once you are rolling along. However on the highway the RK cruises better. Smoother, feels more stable.

After seeing the Fatboy just sit around in the garage while the RK was the bike I always chose to ride, I sold the Fatboy. I still have the RK but now added an Ultra Classic. To me they feel like the same bike, However the Radio is nice to have. Now the RK sits around a lot and the Ultra is the bike I usually ride.

If I had to choose just ONE Harley to own it would be a Street Glide. I was never a fairing guy but the batwing doesn't look too bad now that I've seen it on Harleys for quite a few years. The SG is a good looking bike.

Old 02-22-2015 | 08:15 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

Personally, I like to keep things simple. I would sit on each of the bikes that you suggested and see which one talked to me the most. I can adapt myself pretty quickly to various things so I know that I wouldn't have any trouble here either but that's just me.