General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your in charge of the MOCO, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Hogaholic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your in charge of the MOCO, what to do?

Include an oil cooler and fan with every bike, drop the price on aftermarket items. After raping us on the cost of the bike its the least they can do.

Old 04-21-2007, 02:45 AM
High Gear
Outstanding HDF Member

You get a call one evening at home and Willie G. is on the line. He says "the MOCO is in trouble" and he needs your help. There is a ticket waiting for you at your local airport to fly you into Milwaukee.
I'd tell em keep your damn ticket I'm ridin in .
I'll be there in about and hour and a half.
I'd be there a bit earlier but I have to stopin East Troy , there's a fella you need to meet .
This Guyisthe answer to your problems .
Now we'll meet here caus thats just a given when I'm in Milwaukee .
And be sure to have a cold tall glass ( 1/2 yard size )of Franzenkaner Weiss waiten forus .
The whole problem is with the bearings , Erik will explain http://a1264.g.akamai.net/7/1264/135..._1112_2003.pdf

Old 04-22-2007, 12:33 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I would take over and immediately make a secret deal with Yamaha to private label tens of thousands of Yamahas with Harley badges on them.......then after getting 12,000 gross profit on each bike for 3 years I would pay myself a huge multi-million dollar bonus.....and make the MoCo buy out my contract for $200 million...then split for the Keys.......[sm=gears.gif]

Old 04-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Ol Biker
Road Master

Hire petemac, make me his go 'fer at half his salary!!

Really though, let the BOD know we who ride HDs were a hell of a lot more impressed when we could go to aHD "shop"where they knew who we were, where they were willing to help (service), and where you got your money's worth - not the new and improved(?) boutique stealerships!

Old 04-22-2007, 01:08 AM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Too late for the 08s, but randomly pick a consortiumof present harley owners for each model manufactured to have a one week brainstorming sessions of likes and dislikes about their bikes. Randomly select owners of various Metric bikes and to do the same thing. Delegate a smaller committee to compile data from each group then compare notes and whittle down to most discussed items. Take report to head of engineering department and mandate at least an 80% implementation into 09 bikes. If not he is fired. 100% by the 2010 moldel year or he is fired. OHHH Hard to do all this in a day. So at least plant the seed.

Old 04-22-2007, 04:30 PM
talon1674
Cruiser

I would set up the bikes at the dealership so that you could walk in, pick the framemodel,motor,tins,wheels,seat,bars,exhaust and chrome pkg that you like and then come back the next day and pick it up.This way you'd get a bike that fits you and looks just like you want it to right from the start. Oh yeah, and the price stays the same or drops if anything.

HERE HERE!!! BEEN SAYING THIS 4 YEARS!!! I'm trired of paying for the same parts twice. Then I'd cut down on production numbers, buy back a bunch of the HD Common stock (1 billion worth) Come out with a plain badass package, 110in with 120tq/120hp. They have done done to marketing close to what KISS (the band) did to it. That's a start I guess

Old 04-22-2007, 06:31 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Using the V-rod as the foundation I would build a sport-touring bike. This is the fastest growing segment in the US and EU.I would also make a smaller displacement Vrod. 650 to 750cc.
Revamp the Sportster line. There are too many models. I would keep the 883/1200Roadster,Low,Nightster and drop the rest. If someone wants the present Custom model they can buy a Dyna.
I would introduce a liquid-cooled big twin.One model at first. Make it a bagger. Let the "purists" **** and moan. HD is going to have to move into the 21st century sooner or later. The EPA isn't going to give them any choice.
And I would start being a little more selective about what I put the HD logo on. Dump the chapstick,biker brew(ugh),dog collars and the like.When you start whoring out your name it loses some of its luster.
Make the Springer even more retro.Sprung saddle,kick start,minimal chrome.

Old 04-22-2007, 07:18 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Change the worn out songs when placing a call to C/S.Let the dealers handle a customers complaint rather than going by Hds rules.Stop the Lies!Deal with the problems that crop up quickly.Just being upfront with an owner means alot.The MoCo knows how to build them,let the dealers handle the owners.Wide band tuning,direct injection,real color choices,the chance to order a bike like you would a car when it comes to option add ons.Fix the temp gauge so it quits reading headlight temp.Change the 6th gear indicator,and finally cut back on production until quality can match output.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:21 PM
nidan
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) make a water cooled touring bike ie V-Rod type motor of at least 95"
2) make all air cooled touring bikes 103"
3) make the 103 and 110" motors optional from the factory