General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your in charge of the MOCO, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 PM
GGC
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Your in charge of the MOCO, what to do?

Quit and go rideing!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 09:57 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 177 Likes on 89 Posts

Make sure every part was made in the USA. We have shown them we will pay more for an American bike so cut the bull **** and quit putting crap parts on an American Icon.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:06 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,309 Likes on 6,122 Posts

I would open a school for the new bike owners to go to, that teaches them how to act, dress, and talk, so they could go on HDFORUMS without fear of being called a RUB. [sm=sorry.gif]J/K

Old 04-20-2007, 02:43 AM
bradhinz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get back to basics, be a bike manufacturer first, concentrate on your customers, the people who honestly are riders who live and breath Harley. Not the lawyer who just has to own one because it's the latest rage.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:36 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

-cut prices by 20% on bikes and accessories...and we all know they could do itand not even flinch. they'd make more money in the long run.
-only sell bikes with spoke or polished/chromed billet wheels. those ugly mags are a drag.
-drop theBS boutique garbage.lines of clothing andcat collars and jewelry. jewelry for christs sake.
-never ever sell a bike with the turn signals mounted to the handle bars.
-use only vintage styled tank badges/emblems. some of the night train ones are acceptable. the ones on my streetbobare hideous. its metal, trying to look like plastic that is trying to look like metal. on the same note: the guy who thought it'd be cool to put a factory babay flame on the wide glides for the last few years... fire him, and punch his wife.
-performace, performace, performance! keep the big twin, the heritage is not worth sacrificing, but concentrate on making the bikes lighter and better handling along with finding way toget as much speed and power as possible. less focus on where they can put some chrome and more on making it go.
Many of these suggestions would get you fired by the board of directors as they are responsible to the stockholders. Stockholders don't like losing money.

How would they make more money in the long run by cutting prices 20%? Does overhead, materials, production, manufacturing,labor, advertising and all the associated costs going to drop 20% as well?

Alloy wheels allow tubeless tires which are easier to repair and don't deflate as quickly when punctured.

If people are buying items at the boutique, why would you want to stop selling these items? They make a profit and since HD is a public company, the stockholders would agree that making a profit is the whole point of investing in a company.

My bike has turn signals mounted on the handlebars. I don't see a problem.

The vintage tank emblems are classic and I like them as well.

Why concentrate on as much speed and power as possible when the speed limit is usually between 25-75 mph? A 62 hp Harley Davidson makes the equivalent power of a 2800lb car that has a 248 hp engine with 360 ft lbs of torque. That's more than enough.

Harleys get great gas mileage. The engine is a simple design which allows its owners to work on them and make replacement and aftermarket parts available anywhere. Harley already sells parts for performance and speed.

Old 04-20-2007, 06:44 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior

*Make all water cooled bikes, NOW.

Why? Much of the attraction to Harleys is the simplicity of the air cooled engine. Why complicate things with an ugly radiator hanging on the frame?

* Bikes need more than 2 cylinders.
They do? Why?

Old 04-20-2007, 09:40 AM
SquishFace
Road Captain

You get a call one evening at home and Willie G. is on the line. He says "the MOCO is in trouble" and he needs your help.
"You know how to use a phone you no-talent piece of ****? Wait, you probably had a Honda engineer dial the ****ing thing for you, lord knows you need them to wipe your ***, let alone design a ****ing bike. Whats the matter? Suzuki hasn't built a bike in the last ten years you can copy off of? I hope you die, nay, I hope your children convert to Islam and work in gay ****, your grandchildren get eaten by wild dogs, and then you die after 17 months of extended stomach cancer. hell is too good for you. Finally I hope you get reincarnated as a mexican pedophile in a Texas jail. But good luck with that whole diggingg your way out of that hole you put yourself in, don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya."

Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Fastlane
Tourer

Get a staff that would fight the EPA. Motorcycles are not going kill our planet. Get rid of all the staff that preach to us about how to ride quiet and always brown nose any government agency that want to pass a new regulation about motorcycles. They may have to follow regulations but you can disagree and fight against change. When have you ever hear the Motorco put out a call to their owners to help lobby against a regulation?

Old 04-20-2007, 10:40 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd fire ***** G.also.
Reminds me of George W. Bush..
Talk about taking nepitism to it's fullest?
The f@ggity hat is enough for me to toss him right out of the front window without the courtesy of opening it.

Fight the EPA?
Come on. The secret is R&D.
They haven't even attempted to really develop a better, EPA efficient V-twin. They go the easy route of turning the lean screw tighter.
The MoCo hasn't really even scratched the surface when it comes to developing a modern EPA engine.
Just look at Rucker performance. Those guys are on the job and have a street legal EPA passing monster between the pipes, and it looks and sounds like our beloved V-Twin, because it still is.....
Again, Fire ***** G.
This should be their focus right now.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SquishFace

"You know how to use a phone you no-talent piece of ****? Wait, you probably had a Honda engineer dial the ****ing thing for you, lord knows you need them to wipe your ***, let alone design a ****ing bike. Whats the matter? Suzuki hasn't built a bike in the last ten years you can copy off of? I hope you die, nay, I hope your children convert to Islam and work in gay ****, your grandchildren get eaten by wild dogs, and then you die after 17 months of extended stomach cancer. hell is too good for you. Finally I hope you get reincarnated as a mexican pedophile in a Texas jail. But good luck with that whole diggingg your way out of that hole you put yourself in, don't let the door hit ya where the Lord split ya."
Hey SquishFace, if you have something to say, don't hold back on our account. What I mean to say is "How do you really feel?"

Quick Reply: Your in charge of the MOCO, what to do?