General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Hand Salute

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 11:36 PM
Unamed
Road Master
Default RE: Low Hand Salute

Yep it sure feels good, but there is one better....

I was riding this last fall throguh one nutty *** storm, I mean this sucker was bad, thought i was gonna float away bad, Im puttin along at about 50 jsut grittin my teeth and I see a single headlight coming my way up ahead. Both of us shot a fist into the air and screamed YAAAAAA!!!! as we passed eachother. It was liek we had planned it, lol. Our own personal f-u to mother nature that day.

Old 04-18-2007 | 11:44 PM
IOMC Qball
Tourer

Back in the day....( dang I sound like my dad )....whenyou came upon a fellow biker ( at one time that was rare...hard to imagine in this day andage ) on theroad , itWAS a show of solidarity and respect. You went with the wind ( hence, the salute type backwards motion ) and kept it low to avoid the damn wind from at best jerking your arm outta socket, and at worst causing you to lose control of your bike....remember, this was before windshields, counter-balanced engines andsobriety (hic)

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:16 AM
questor
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2000fxdwg
Here in Florida it happens often and it feels great to be ridding along and another biker gives the low hand salute. To me, when I salute another biker it means..."I know how you feel man".
LOL.. Tonight I was the 1st vehicle sitting at a red light heading south and on the north side, is this GREAT looking lady sitting on her fat boy. I am staring at her thighs and calf muscles and she gives me a low hand salute. Well this old man, returns it (of course with the left hand) and big as crap I released the clutch and bolted forward to a stall! Talk about feeling like a dah... Oh well, what can I say. Dang, she sure had great thighs and calf muscles, must have been a gymnast.

Old 04-19-2007 | 01:11 AM
Noride
Tourer

Txjammer,
I know how you feel about thinking you were doing something wrong as a beginer. When I started riding some guys would tap the top of their helmet as I passed by. I used to think they were making fun of my Austronaut DOT half lid. Can't tell you how many times I came home in tears....

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:22 PM
firebuckeye
Advanced

ORIGINAL: Unamed

Yep it sure feels good, but there is one better....

I was riding this last fall throguh one nutty *** storm, I mean this sucker was bad, thought i was gonna float away bad, Im puttin along at about 50 jsut grittin my teeth and I see a single headlight coming my way up ahead. Both of us shot a fist into the air and screamed YAAAAAA!!!! as we passed eachother. It was liek we had planned it, lol. Our own personal f-u to mother nature that day.
Thats awesome

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:39 PM
Katie
Elite HDF Member

Cutest little wave from a young boy on the back of his dad's (?) bike.. I came along side of them at a light.. he turning right, me left. The boy gives me the Biggest grin, & carefully, & ever so slowly, with his arm still near his side, he kind of skrunched his fingers up & down to wave... his Dad looks over & kinda back to see what the boy is doing, grins Just as big, & then off we went. Kiddo was maybe 6.
Whether you think it is stupid or stereotypical or whatever to wave, you can't beat the fact NOR Find Fault, that riding captures the soul, & is something most people want to share, regardless of their age.

Old 04-19-2007 | 12:48 PM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Noride

Txjammer,
I know how you feel about thinking you were doing something wrong as a beginer. When I started riding some guys would tap the top of their helmet as I passed by. I used to think they were making fun of my Austronaut DOT half lid. Can't tell you how many times I came home in tears....
You'd hate me if you could hear how loud I laughed when I read this.....that is sooo funny...and I share your pain!

Old 04-19-2007 | 01:11 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: EricVonZipper

that low wave is just another silly azzed harley image type thing. It's a pretty good way to identify a relative newcomer though.

BINGO" Very well said"

Old 04-19-2007 | 01:11 PM
Dirty Harry
Stellar HDF Member

Old 04-19-2007 | 01:24 PM
Unamed
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Katie

Cutest little wave from a young boy on the back of his dad's (?) bike.. I came along side of them at a light.. he turning right, me left. The boy gives me the Biggest grin, & carefully, & ever so slowly, with his arm still near his side, he kind of skrunched his fingers up & down to wave... his Dad looks over & kinda back to see what the boy is doing, grins Just as big, & then off we went. Kiddo was maybe 6.
Whether you think it is stupid or stereotypical or whatever to wave, you can't beat the fact NOR Find Fault, that riding captures the soul, & is something most people want to share, regardless of their age.
WOW! Excellent post Katie!!!

Quick Reply: Low Hand Salute