General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley boots warenty

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:28 AM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley boots warenty

anyone know how to get a pair of Harley boots warrentied? When I went down to Ca for the Ca meet i went to the nearby HD shop and found a pair of boots I liked. I bought them and wore them home. I went to put them on on Saturday and the zipper split on the bottom so the are zipped up and not zipped. i cannot get them right.
i went to my local Hd shop and they said **** off.
I called the place I bought them and they want me to bring them in...

any suggestions?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:12 PM
vegashd
Banned
Default RE: Harley boots warenty

no one?

Old 04-18-2007, 05:22 PM
SteveM
Road Captain

Your only recourse will probably be back to the dealer you bought them from. I doubt any other dealer will want to mess with it.

Old 04-18-2007, 05:26 PM
LRonHoover
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Work it out with the Motorclothes boss at the dealer you bought them from. Maybe you can ship them back to the dealer and they'll replace them. Couldn't hurt to call.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:04 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts

Hopefully they will refund your money at the original dealer.
I got a pair of Harley boots, and they were the most uncomfortable things I ever had!

Rags

Old 04-18-2007, 06:38 PM
Original Junior
Road Master

I doubt another dealer will work with you on Harley boots because you can pick these up at any swap meet or ralley for cheap.Many are knock-offs but many are the real chinese deal.I'd ship them back to the dealer you purchased them from or suck it up, save the shipping, and use that money towards some Red Wings, Magnums, Chippawas,Danners, or another high quality boot. Sorry for the bad luck in the MoCo stuff. Good luck.

Old 04-18-2007, 06:39 PM
fbhawg
Tourer

Ragtop is right, Harley boots are junk. You can buy them anywhere now. A farm implement dealer sells them in my town.Nice dealer you have there. If he told me to **** off he'd have a mess on his floor. Lots,not all, of these new Harley dealers forget that to you and I they ARE Harley. HD is going to start having to babysit some of these jerks. Pull a few frachises, that will get their attention.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:25 PM
bgr8ful
Advanced

Who made the boot? I have a pair of HD boots made by Wolverine(i think) and I had to go on thier wb site to register them. So if ther is any problems I can send them back to the manufactuer.
that would be your best bet.
The stealer is only going to replace them. then send them back to where they bought them.

Check ehp made the boot then go that route.

Old 04-18-2007, 07:41 PM
MarkM
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same zipper problem with a pair that I owned for a couple months. I brought them back to the dealer, and they said they had to be sent back to Wolverine. So that's what I did. They didn't fix them; they just sent me a brand new pair right away. No problems with these. Your dealer can get you their number, or you can go on their website. They ought to take care or you.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My hubby had a incident with his new HD jacket. I had purchased it for Christmas from our dealer here and took it with us when we went on our last holiday. On the 3rd day of riding on our holiday, the zipper went kapoot! We had 6 more weeks of holidays ahead of us and wouldn't cha know...no jacket. We were in California at the time. We took it to a local dealer there, and they wouldn't have anything to do with it. Even though they had exactly the same jacket in stock, they pretty much said, if we didn't buy it there...they couldn't do anything.

Soooo, as we proceeded on our tour, we stopped at another dealer. We explained our perdicament. They could plainly see that this jacket was brand new (he had only worn it for 3 days of riding). They didn't have one in stock but the manager lady said she would make a phone call to see if she could help us. She came back and said that HD would ship one from another supplier and it would be there the following day. We returned the next day about the time when they said they would expect the FEDEX truck. And sure as shoot'n (well actually it was a1/2 hr late)..(but I'm not complaining)...The jacket was in the shipment. They unwrapped it and handed it over the counter with a "Have a safe trip"! No questions asked! We were soooo grateful! I can't even begin to tell you.

We mentioned this ordeal to a few other dealerships during our travels, and they all said pretty much the same thing...It is never a problem to replace or warranty other stores merchandise. That is just something that Harley Davidson stores do. They often do it.

I think our particular instance was exceptional because we didn't have a sales receipt withus. We were thousands of miles away from home.Most stores refuse to even think of replacing or exchanging anything without a sales receipt. These guys did it...and were happy to do it.

So here a plug for Santa Barbara Harley Davidson! Those guys saved our butts!!! Thanks most specifically to Heather Popp, the Assistant Motorclothes Manager. Thanks to them we were able to continue comfortably on our merry way.

NOW THAT MY FRIENDS IS WHAT YOU CALL GREAT SERVICE!!!

Quick Reply: Harley boots warenty