General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherUp.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2015, 05:14 AM
Pale Horse Rider
Tourer
Received 235 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
If that is the case, the cart is before the horse.

He is asking for others' experience AFTER he orders and has issues???

Was trying to understand the experiences of others in the forum. Maybe I made a bad choice and wasn't alone. Seems nearly everyone likes LU.

He admitted that his issue is Leatherup's return policy. Funny, he knew it before he ordered.

Didn't know their return policy before I ordered. Also took responsibility for not reading their return policy before ordering.

Morale of the story: Don't be pissed when companies follow their posted policies. As I said in my initial post in this thread. It is a case of unrealistic expectations.

You're right, I learned something thanks to folks on this forum.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:15 AM
Snydcat
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I don't use them anymore. I used to use them a lot. Prices are good and they ship fast. Problem is, if you have an issue with something you order, customer service can be sketchy...I ordered a set of bars from them on Amazon and they were incorrectly labeled so the wrong product shipped. When I contacted them to get it sorted, they said no problem. Just send them back (on my dime) and they would refund my original purchase price. Huh? So I lose the 40.00 it costs to ship bars? They said that since Amazon had listed their product incorrectly, it was on them...I disputed it with my CC company and got my money back. Leatherup contacted me and asked that I ship the bars back. No problem I said, just pay shipping...
^^THIS^^

I Have ordered from them a hand full of times for the cheap prices and some of the items I ordered were not what I ordered or the wrong size that I ordered. The problem starts when you have to send the item back because of their mistake and on your dime and getting the refund put back on the card can be very aggravating at best. I've had to have my CC company handle it...so I won"t be dealing with them again.

Old 01-13-2015, 07:18 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 582 Likes on 273 Posts

I must admit an antenna goes up when someone's first post is a complaint.