General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherUp.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 06:59 AM
usmcbuck
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One word - "Revzilla"

Old 01-10-2015, 07:14 AM
Johnnyh14
Road Warrior
Received 177 Likes on 102 Posts

I ordered a pair of leather gauntlet gloves from them. They were pretty cheap so I didnt know what to expect but the gloves are great. Will order from them again for sure.

Old 01-10-2015, 07:33 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 898 Likes on 518 Posts

We're very lucky to have Iron Pony Motorsports in my neck of the woods, and it's only 10 minutes from my house. If I need chaps, I ride on over to Iron Pony. Need gloves? I go to Iron Pony. Whatever you need, they probably have. I read these stories of some of the online vendors, and feel pretty glad that I never have to deal with it!

Old 01-10-2015, 07:33 AM
cocky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 124 Posts

Bought a brown leather jacket from them. I am very happy with it and the price. People are always asking where I got it.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:09 AM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thinking of ordering some Xelement boots ( engineer boots )from them not sure how comfortable they would be.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:38 AM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by thomasf59
Thinking of ordering some Xelement boots ( engineer boots )from them not sure how comfortable they would be.
I've bought 3 pairs from them over the years (2 harness, one engineer) and have found them to be of very good quality. The fit was predictable. I usually wear a 12 and ordered a 12 and they were just right. I prefer the squared off toebox on the harness boots to the rounded toe on the engineers, but both were well made. I ordered the second pair of harness boots because I wanted the lug sole for winter (and the first pair I bought didn't have that) but all 3 pairs of boots are still going strong 3 years and lots of miles later.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:11 PM
DaveTheButcher
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never ordered from that particular site, but that has to be about the most vague post I've ever read.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:15 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think the OP was particularly looking for assistance with his issue. More like he wanted to know what your personal experience with the company was.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:39 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,913 Likes on 4,135 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
I don't think the OP was particularly looking for assistance with his issue. More like he wanted to know what your personal experience with the company was.
If that is the case, the cart is before the horse.

He is asking for others' experience AFTER he orders and has issues???

He admitted that his issue is Leatherup's return policy. Funny, he knew it before he ordered.

Originally Posted by Pale Horse Rider
Here's the facts;
I ordered a helmet measuring my head per the instructions.

Helmet came, was too small and not the quality I expected.

Unless you would like to exchange for a different size, I learned that return shipping was my responsibility. I should have determined their return policy before ordering - that was my fault.

I asked (twice) for an exception on their return shipping policy as a first time customer and was turned down twice. The last response was this PM.

Here's a little sarcasm;
So... for all those other "new" members out there that may have experience with other internet mail order businesses that welcome returns and make them easy, be advised that LeatherUp does not offer free return shipping.

If LeatherUp works for you, stick with 'em.

Here's my opinion;
I still stand by my original post and will not do business with LeatherUp. Not because they didn't pay for my return shipping, because they don't pay for any return shipping if you don't like what was represented on their website.
Morale of the story: Don't be pissed when companies follow their posted policies. As I said in my initial post in this thread. It is a case of unrealistic expectations.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:45 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

No issue with any order or product. Smooth transactions.

Quick Reply: LeatherUp.com