General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherUp.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 07:30 PM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Try www.revzilla.com they have free return shipping.

Not sure I understand why you're upset ? It's because you're asking them to go against their return shipping policy because you're a new customer?

good luck

Many times it's best to buy a helmet that you can try on in a store before you buy. Just my .02

I like leatherup.com. Have been great with me on every purchase.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:39 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Gotta be honest here. I am not a leatherup fan but I don't see what they did wrong here...

Old 01-09-2015, 07:53 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

You say you measured your head and ordered the size according to their chart. Is it possible the problem is not the helmet size but the shape of the helmet compared to the shape of your head. If they clearly point out that return shipping is the customers responsibility then they are not really at fault. On the other hand there should be a little bit of flexibility like possibly a one time courtesy. My last helmet was an Arai which was a lot of money for me being a new Arai customer. Because of not being sure about the fit I looked for the best return policy, for me it was Revzilla. As it turned out I got a proper fit the first time so doing a return wasn't an issue.

Old 01-09-2015, 09:20 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by doug62
Over the last 5 tears I have bought boots, gloves, helmets... from LU and have never had an issue with price, quality, wrong sizes or anything negative. The X-element boots I ordered are just as good as my Wolverine boots that were twice the price. I'm sorry you had a problem with them but I will certainly order from LU in the future.
Me too. I've bought all kinds of stuff from them for my wife and myself over the years. Never had a problem. An item for my wife had to be exchanged and it went flawlessly.

Last edited by TKDKurt; 01-09-2015 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:32 PM
PHXBiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Add me to the list that never had a problem. I bought boots and a helmet that didnt fit right and paid to return them and was pretty expensive, while I wish they did, I didnt expect them to pay (learned not a good idea to buy either without trying on). Bought other stuff that I was happy with. Never had an issue with returns, pretty simple

Old 01-09-2015, 09:50 PM
traffic jam
Road Warrior
Received 691 Likes on 303 Posts

I bought a textile vented jacket from them last summer and the zipper broke. I called customer service, explained and they emailed me a label to use for free shipping back. They then credited back my account.

I have been very happy with their armored leather jackets.

On occasion I have had to return something - I did pay to ship back. Luckily, I had read the return policy beforehand and was not angered and knew what to expect, thus, I did not feel the need to register on an internet site and post my displeasure.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Bill D.
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The best 20% of your customers are 80% of your business. Its a money thing, ya know?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:33 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,976 Likes on 1,690 Posts

You know when you put on a properly fitting helmet for the first time it's going to be quite snug, right?

And you know it's going to be quite snug for the first several times you wear it, until it starts to fit to your head, right?

Since they're sticking to their guns and refusing to pay return shipping, I assume you're keeping it. Wear it for a while. You might determine that it fits just fine.

I've had several orders from LeatherUp, zero issues. The product was fine. However, if you want top tier service, it's Revzilla all the way.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:56 PM
NO PCKL
Road Warrior
Received 518 Likes on 285 Posts

Bought chaps and cold weather gloves for myself, and chaps for the wife. Everything fit, price was right, quality was exceptable. Happy camper here..........

Old 01-10-2015, 04:51 AM
Pale Horse Rider
Tourer
Received 235 Likes on 74 Posts

The fit was not the primary issue. To be fair they were more than willing to exchange and pay the shipping.

I returned the helmet (and paid the shipping back to CA).

End of story.

Thanks for the comments. They were all good council.

Quick Reply: LeatherUp.com