General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeatherUp.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2015, 10:21 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

Originally Posted by Pale Horse Rider
I'm having an issue with my first experience with this company.

Any guidance from any members?

At this point my first purchase will be my last.

Thank you,

Steve
What exactly is your issue and have you taken the time to contact the company and see what they have to say about your issue?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:28 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 95 Posts

I have used Leather Up for many years and they always do an excellent job (good prices, quick delivery, and accurate description of product). No complaints! SJ Ron

Old 01-09-2015, 05:14 AM
Pale Horse Rider
Tourer
Received 245 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
A vast majority of members on this forum, myself included, use Leatherup.com and are very happy with them. There are numerous posts from new members who have "issues" with companies and many times it is a matter of unreasonable expectations.

How do you expect us to give you guidance if you don't provide a shred of detail regarding your concerns?

Please elaborate.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll finalize all the facts today before providing details.

That's the fair thing to do. Also, to get started, I have responsibility in the situation. Still doesn't change my initial position.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 AM
Pale Horse Rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by RANGER73
They have good stuff and cheap crap. You get what you pay for. If you go for the cheap price you get cheap ****. Spend a little extra. I've gotten a name brand helmet, a good leather jacket, chaps, but I've gotten a paper thin vest that was pieces sewn together. I got what I paid for. My fault not theirs.
If you want top quality stuff they're not the place.

Well said, and thank you for the guidance!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:17 AM
Pale Horse Rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by themouth!!!
I don't use them anymore. I used to use them a lot. Prices are good and they ship fast. Problem is, if you have an issue with something you order, customer service can be sketchy...I ordered a set of bars from them on Amazon and they were incorrectly labeled so the wrong product shipped. When I contacted them to get it sorted, they said no problem. Just send them back (on my dime) and they would refund my original purchase price. Huh? So I lose the 40.00 it costs to ship bars? They said that since Amazon had listed their product incorrectly, it was on them...I disputed it with my CC company and got my money back. Leatherup contacted me and asked that I ship the bars back. No problem I said, just pay shipping...

Yup! Same size problem slightly different color.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:11 AM
doug62
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Over the last 5 years I have bought boots, gloves, helmets... from LU and have never had an issue with price, quality, wrong sizes or anything negative. The X-element boots I ordered are just as good as my Wolverine boots that were twice the price. I'm sorry you had a problem with them but I will certainly order from LU in the future.

Last edited by doug62; 01-11-2015 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:22 AM
Crashone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 241 Likes on 192 Posts

I have found that when dealing with any customer service that if I am not an asshat and don't play the fool I get pretty good service. Admittedly there have been times when my Mr. A$$hole side has blown through and made a situation tougher than it should have been.
I like Leatherup and will buy from them again.
Cheers mate, hope you get it worked out.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:28 AM
jsvt184
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only had good experiences with Leatherup.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:31 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I have bought a couple things from them. The quality is medium at best, but you get what you pay for. If you pay more you expect better quality and customer service.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Pale Horse Rider
Tourer

Here's the facts;
I ordered a helmet measuring my head per the instructions.

Helmet came, was too small and not the quality I expected.

Unless you would like to exchange for a different size, I learned that return shipping was my responsibility. I should have determined their return policy before ordering - that was my fault.

I asked (twice) for an exception on their return shipping policy as a first time customer and was turned down twice. The last response was this PM.

Here's a little sarcasm;
So... for all those other "new" members out there that may have experience with other internet mail order businesses that welcome returns and make them easy, be advised that LeatherUp does not offer free return shipping.

If LeatherUp works for you, stick with 'em.

Here's my opinion;
I still stand by my original post and will not do business with LeatherUp. Not because they didn't pay for my return shipping, because they don't pay for any return shipping if you don't like what was represented on their website.

Quick Reply: LeatherUp.com