General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Custom Dynamics LED turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 10:03 PM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 665 Posts
Default Questions about Custom Dynamics LED turn signals

So I'm in the process of switch everything over to LEDs. I'm gonna eventually end up with HD Reflector lights in the front (headlight and passing lamps) and CD everything else.

What's the main differences between CD's LED Signal Inserts and their LED Bullet Rings? They both fit bullet style turn signals, but they really don't lay out the differences on their website. Pretty big price difference between them.

Second, will I need their signal stabilizer when I install their turn signals? Or is that a kind of hit or miss thing?

Old 01-03-2015, 10:58 PM
BaggerDave18
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Custom Dynamics...way brighter than stock bulb set up

All Custom Dynamics Smoked...

stock set up with bulbs

Custom Dynamics smoked out front Ringz inserts....they are bright and go good with my Daymaker LED headlight and spots

I switched to all Custom Dynamics LED turn signals...smoked LED laydown tail light ...front white LED fender tip light...rear LED smoked fender tip light and yes, I also needed the load equalizer or your blinkers will flash rapidly....
My bike is a 2011 HD Ultra Limited, so I just stayed with the LED flatty inserts...with smoked covers

Last edited by BaggerDave18; 01-03-2015 at 11:48 PM.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Crimson
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

If you have a 2013 or earlier bike you will need the stabilizer when installing the turn signals.. I believe the inserts are single color while the bullet rings have a white outer ring with a colored inner solid color.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:10 PM
BaggerDave18
6th Gear

Here is what it looks like with my Daymakers...everything all LED! bright!!

My inserts on the front are the Ringz...they are white while running...then turn amber when turn signal is on....Rears LED Clusters are red while running and go amber when turn signal is on...
My friend has the bullets on his SG and they do the same...you can get them either style

Old 01-03-2015, 11:20 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

yes, if you do the front and rear, you will need a signal stabilizer. if you just do front or rear, you should be okay. so if you're not buying everything at once, you can put off the purchase of the stabilizer until your ready to do the other set of leds.

the bullet ringz are similar to the dynamic ringz except the bullet ringz have a chrome ring around the outside in which 7 leds are inlaid. the dynamic ringz fit under your stock lens and have 24 leds around the outside. otherwise they both function the same, white driving, amber turn. me personally, i like the look of the dynamic ringz vs the bullet ringz. ymmv.

imo, you aren't going to go wrong with either.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:38 PM
sroc3
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow that's a bright front setup you have. It must be daytime when you drive at night

Old 01-03-2015, 11:41 PM
BaggerDave18
6th Gear

Originally Posted by sroc3
Wow that's a bright front setup you have. It must be daytime when you drive at night
Thanks man! yeah...it really lights everything up! and you can see them real good in the daytime also

Old 01-03-2015, 11:58 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

I have CDs LED r/s/t signals on my 2913 Blackline and I didn't install the load equalizer wire. Do my signals flash fast? NO! They fast at the normal speed they were meant to. Does my signal indicator on my dash flash fast? YES but so what?

So you DO NOT NEED the load equalizer, unless the fast flashing light on your dash bothers you.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:11 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,371 Likes on 2,543 Posts

hey coc, that's because your 2013 has the canbus. if the op's bike does not have the canbus wiring, then he will need the signal stabilizer.

i read that if you turn your hazard lights on for about 5 minutes, then you'll be able to sync your signal indicator light on your dash to your signals. worth a try.....

Old 01-04-2015, 03:08 AM
SpiderPig
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

If anyone is in need of a used smart equalizer, I have one in the classifieds....

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...equalizer.html

Quick Reply: Questions about Custom Dynamics LED turn signals