General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about Custom Dynamics LED turn signals

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 08:02 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by skratch
hey coc, that's because your 2013 has the canbus. if the op's bike does not have the canbus wiring, then he will need the signal stabilizer.

i read that if you turn your hazard lights on for about 5 minutes, then you'll be able to sync your signal indicator light on your dash to your signals. worth a try.....
After I went to bed last night, I thought I should have said that "I" didn't need the load equalizer wire. And you are 100% correct about the canbus wiring.

I apologize for any misinformation I may had put out.

I've tried that hazard light trick a couple of times but it didn't work for me.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:10 AM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by SWThomas
So I'm in the process of switch everything over to LEDs. I'm gonna eventually end up with HD Reflector lights in the front (headlight and passing lamps) and CD everything else.

What's the main differences between CD's LED Signal Inserts and their LED Bullet Rings? They both fit bullet style turn signals, but they really don't lay out the differences on their website. Pretty big price difference between them.

Second, will I need their signal stabilizer when I install their turn signals? Or is that a kind of hit or miss thing?
Seems like it's mostly been said without knowing what bike you have. I will tell you that I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Kirsten of CD the other day asking similar questions. Here's what I gleaned...

I looked at the Dynamic Rings (24 outer white LED's with amber turn signals for up front), was thinking of coupling these with their chrome bezels, would have been a touch cheaper than the Bullet Ringz, but I was worried that the bezel would cover some of the white light. Kirsten confirmed that it would still be plenty visible via glow but that the outer led's may be covered a bit.

I asked about the bullet ringz, I really, really like the look but you need to determine what some of your goals are. For me I wanted to be more visible from both front and rear. With the front having 7 led's inlaid on the bezel I just felt that I would be better served from a visibility stand point with the inserts and standard smoked lenses.

Same goes for the rear, the Dynamic Ringz have more overall LED's on the rear, vs. the Bullet Ringz which have the 7 outer and 24 inner.

The dynamic rings ended up being cheaper as well since I didn't need an equalizer or anything.

Either way you can't go wrong, fast shipping and very easy conversion.

Good luck and post pics once done!

Old 01-04-2015, 10:37 AM
SWThomas
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,114 Likes on 665 Posts

Originally Posted by robbyville
Seems like it's mostly been said without knowing what bike you have. I will tell you that I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with Kirsten of CD the other day asking similar questions. Here's what I gleaned...

I looked at the Dynamic Rings (24 outer white LED's with amber turn signals for up front), was thinking of coupling these with their chrome bezels, would have been a touch cheaper than the Bullet Ringz, but I was worried that the bezel would cover some of the white light. Kirsten confirmed that it would still be plenty visible via glow but that the outer led's may be covered a bit.

I asked about the bullet ringz, I really, really like the look but you need to determine what some of your goals are. For me I wanted to be more visible from both front and rear. With the front having 7 led's inlaid on the bezel I just felt that I would be better served from a visibility stand point with the inserts and standard smoked lenses.

Same goes for the rear, the Dynamic Ringz have more overall LED's on the rear, vs. the Bullet Ringz which have the 7 outer and 24 inner.

The dynamic rings ended up being cheaper as well since I didn't need an equalizer or anything.

Either way you can't go wrong, fast shipping and very easy conversion.

Good luck and post pics once done!
My bad. I have a 2004 Road King FLHRI.

Thanks for the info and your experience. It will definitely help me make my decision.