General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you stash your Gun?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:25 PM
bsea
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Where do you stash your Gun?

Excellent points all around here. For me personally, I'm not comfortablewith leaving my gun in my car, much less inthe bike. I have lockable tour pack and side bag, but I believe them to be poor security. If I was going somewhere that would require me to disarm, I would probably leave my gun at home, as much as I hate that too.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:08 AM
bwallenburg
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF, are you people serious? I'm a 3 tour vet from this current war, sleep at rest areas on the open grass, and just moved out of Long Beach, CA; and I have never even considered carrying a handgun unlessI was on the way to target shoot. If you people feel the need to carry on a consistant basis like this then I sincerely apologize for my 5 years in the Corps, because I obviously failed you.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:33 AM
Floridafred
Cruiser

PPK, inside the pants holster. I was interested in the Kel-tec. and found myself less than 40 miles from their plant a week ago. I called and they said they only sell through distributors. I asked where I could purchase the 380 and a woman said "I dunno, call your local gun dealer". I guess I'll have to stick with the PPK. Problem is here in Florida it's so hot I sweat all over the PPK and I"m starting to get some rust. (Been carrying this gun for about 30 years.) It's an A model so I'd like to retire it. When I first moved to Florida I bought a Glock 23, hard chromed inside and out due to the weather. Too big to carry on the bike. I've carried a firearm most days for the past 35 odd years. I stopped for awhile afterI retired but started again when gangs started shooting everyone down here in Florida
Fred

Old 04-27-2007, 03:25 AM
biker brian
Novice

Please! thank you for your sacrifice. We just want to fullfill our duty to the constitution. It's our duty to protect family,property,and comunity. Believe me ,I wish I was there with you,for you,not always for the Iraqis.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:41 AM
scotchrick05
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bwallenburg

WTF, are you people serious? I'm a 3 tour vet from this current war, sleep at rest areas on the open grass, and just moved out of Long Beach, CA; and I have never even considered carrying a handgun unless I was on the way to target shoot. If you people feel the need to carry on a consistant basis like this then I sincerely apologize for my 5 years in the Corps, because I obviously failed you.
Also a 3 tour vet here, but with the army. Ive spent over 2+ years in this country, I'm writing you from Iraq, and I carry when I'm home, whenever I can. Just becuase we have served doesn't mean the country is a red, white, and blue safehaven. Crime exists and the possibility of using self-defense lingers everywhere. I don't apologize for my service in the military, I do it for the freedoms we have- because of the ability to BE ABLE to carry whenever I want.

SM

Old 04-27-2007, 03:58 AM
biker brian
Novice

stay safe, and thank you! come home soon

Old 04-27-2007, 07:13 AM
mberryhill69
Intermediate

Ive seen a few !%'s and others with pump shotguns mounted to the front forks or where the saddelbag would mount. Anyone see this or have pics ???

Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 PM
roadglad1
Intermediate

How hard and what is involved in getting a ccw in So Cal. No legal problems.