General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you stash your Gun?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 10:54 AM
squid
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where do you stash your Gun?

Next to my stash

Old 04-16-2007, 01:31 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: blackedoutharley

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

You must be one of the 5 with a CCW in California.
California is not to difficult to get one as said previously, depending on the county you live in. Contra Costa? NOT! Solano? NOT! Sutter? SURE! etc, etc, etc.
As I understand it though, your CCW means very little outside of your own county.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:40 PM
police stroker
Cruiser

Get a bagger and lock it inside the saddle bag other than that I would carry at all times. If your going to get the kids leave it at home then go strait back and carry afterwards.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:58 PM
blackedoutharley
6th Gear

[/quote]

As I understand it though, your CCW means very little outside of your own county.

[/quote]

Absolutely false.. It is valid in all 58 California counties with no restrictions placed on it other than those mandated by state law. Some sheriff's do put other restrictions on the ones they issue but that is not a very common practice.

Old 04-16-2007, 04:19 PM
banjopickin101
Road Warrior
Received 543 Likes on 219 Posts

ORIGINAL: 2BKFXDL

ORIGINAL: wisemx

Much thanks guys.
Yes here in Tennessee I carry magnum revolvers legally.
They DO NOT need to be concealed here but they ARE NOT legal on public School grounds.

Trouble is I don't always have the convenience of advanced notice when I'm on the road and have to pick up my oldest son.
Rest easy gents, I will always keep it on me rather than taking the chance of a child accessing it.

I was really hoping one of you knew of a new security option for Harleys, to holster weapons.
No, I don't have bags on my 2000 FXDX.
Salute,
Mark
Read up on Tn concealed laws here: http://www.packing.org/state/tennessee/

Better check again bro....................Tennessee is concealed carry only, or at least that is in your best interest. I first got my ccw when it was made legal back in the mid 90's and have been ccw ever since........and I know for a fact that those laws have not changed.

Do not let the fact that ourliscence says"Handgun Carry Permit" fool you into thinking that means something it does not.

You can not legally carry a weapon that is visible to the public unless you want trouble. Concealed carry only!

No carry in schools, liquor stores, where otherwise prohibited, in establishments that sell alcohol for on premises consumption and anywhere else it is forbidden in writing.....

"Going armed to the fear of the public". I believe is what it is called here. (or something similar)

Old 04-16-2007, 08:04 PM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Even though I'm a 1911 fan personally Ilike the Keltec a lot since it is so small - it's been reliable on the range and is a VERY small pistol..the P3AT is a .380 and I use HP loads with.

ORIGINAL: Hops

ORIGINAL: celtlion

If I do carry it's a VERY small Keltec P3AT (.380) in my jeans pocket - sometimes I'll use a wallet holster and there is virtually no fingerprint. The P3AT is the gun on top and you can see how small it is compared to a 38 snubbie. Mine is very reliable and unlike the Beretta Tomcat I've never had it jam or fail to feed.

That P3AT looks like something I might be in the market for. Was looking to get one of those light weight .38's, but I may have to rethink that.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Night Crawler
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

“The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”

The last time I checked the Second Amendment wording, it didn’t say anything about schools, restaurants that serve alcohol, public arenas, Washington D.C., etc…

Hmmmm..let's see, leave my legally owned and permitted weapon at home or even worse, unsecured on my scooter? No Sir, that’s not happening! I'll keep mine on me.

I mainly carry concealed but I have open carried a lot too in my home state of Tennessee. The permit says Handgun Carry Permit, not Concealed Carry Permit. Sure, the major metropolitan area police departments may hassle you, but it’s perfectly legal to open carry.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:03 PM
KenM
Road Master

Gee - Imagine the nerve of those schools!! Not allowing guns in them. Who do they think they are?
You never know when that nutty grade 4 teacher will attack

Old 04-16-2007, 11:27 PM
heritageclassic07
Cruiser

Always carry!!! Tell the victims of the VT massacre that you dont think people should be able to carry legally on school property. Maybe this could have been prevented if more people where legally carrying on campus. I pray for the victims and their families,I carry so i dont become a victim

Old 04-17-2007, 06:48 PM
johnpef
Advanced

Right on my left side in the holster. Personal Protection permit ... can legally carry conceded.

Quick Reply: Where do you stash your Gun?