General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you stash your Gun?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Faulkner
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Where do you stash your Gun?

Though it may be illegal, you may be better off keeping it concealed on your person rather than leaving it potentially accessable on the bike. If you're doing right by keeping it concealed no one should know you're carrying anyway unless the school has metal detectors. It's a matter of making the best choice of two bad options.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:19 PM
tourman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd leave it at home if you know you're going to a school.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:25 PM
cajunman831
Tourer

i carry my keltec p3at 380 on my person at all times.when i go to any public goverment place in louisiana,i just leave it on my bike.i
have one of these HD bags i tie across the inside of my fatboy handlebars.it works pretty good.over here you cannot carry within
1000 yards from a school or any public goverment place.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:29 PM
wisemx
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks...Yes, I agree with each of you.

Again, looks like we need a secure locker made for Harleys.
I'd draw one up and produce them but some nut would sue me for my miserable kingdom. lol
Salute,
Mark

Old 04-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....

ORIGINAL: cajunman831

over here you cannot carry within 1000 yards from a school or any public goverment place.

WTF! That pretty much would rule legal concealed carry in any populated area period!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:42 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

ORIGINAL: wisemx

Much thanks guys.
Yes here in Tennessee I carry magnum revolvers legally.
They DO NOT need to be concealed here but they ARE NOT legal on public School grounds.

Trouble is I don't always have the convenience of advanced notice when I'm on the road and have to pick up my oldest son.
Rest easy gents, I will always keep it on me rather than taking the chance of a child accessing it.

I was really hoping one of you knew of a new security option for Harleys, to holster weapons.
No, I don't have bags on my 2000 FXDX.
Salute,
Mark
Read up on Tn concealed laws here: http://www.packing.org/state/tennessee/

Better check again bro....................Tennessee is concealed carry only, or at least that is in your best interest. I first got my ccw when it was made legal back in the mid 90's and have been ccw ever since........and I know for a fact that those laws have not changed.

Do not let the fact that ourliscence says"Handgun Carry Permit" fool you into thinking that means something it does not.

You can not legally carry a weapon that is visible to the public unless you want trouble. Concealed carry only!

No carry in schools, liquor stores, where otherwise prohibited, in establishments that sell alcohol for on premises consumption and anywhere else it is forbidden in writing.....

Old 04-16-2007, 01:26 AM
Hops
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: celtlion

If I do carry it's a VERY small Keltec P3AT (.380) in my jeans pocket - sometimes I'll use a wallet holster and there is virtually no fingerprint. The P3AT is the gun on top and you can see how small it is compared to a 38 snubbie. Mine is very reliable and unlike the Beretta Tomcat I've never had it jam or fail to feed.

That P3AT looks like something I might be in the market for. Was looking to get one of those light weight .38's, but I may have to rethink that.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:47 AM
blackedoutharley
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

You must be one of the 5 with a CCW in California.

[/quote]

California is not to difficult to get one as said previously, depending on the county you live in. Contra Costa? NOT! Solano? NOT! Sutter? SURE! etc, etc, etc.

I keep mine on me unless entering a govt. building then I just lock in the saddlebag and take the mag with me.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Bassman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have on of these in my truck & one on my bike

http://www.center-of-mass.com/

[IMG]local://upfiles/14508/2FCD478FBEAE4C579D90CD4F53EC4203.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Psycho
Road Master

ORIGINAL: 2BKFXDL

ORIGINAL: wisemx

Much thanks guys.
Yes here in Tennessee I carry magnum revolvers legally.
They DO NOT need to be concealed here but they ARE NOT legal on public School grounds.

Trouble is I don't always have the convenience of advanced notice when I'm on the road and have to pick up my oldest son.
Rest easy gents, I will always keep it on me rather than taking the chance of a child accessing it.

I was really hoping one of you knew of a new security option for Harleys, to holster weapons.
No, I don't have bags on my 2000 FXDX.
Salute,
Mark
Read up on Tn concealed laws here: http://www.packing.org/state/tennessee/

Better check again bro....................Tennessee is concealed carry only, or at least that is in your best interest. I first got my ccw when it was made legal back in the mid 90's and have been ccw ever since........and I know for a fact that those laws have not changed.

Do not let the fact that ourliscence says"Handgun Carry Permit" fool you into thinking that means something it does not.

You can not legally carry a weapon that is visible to the public unless you want trouble. Concealed carry only!

No carry in schools, liquor stores, where otherwise prohibited, in establishments that sell alcohol for on premises consumption and anywhere else it is forbidden in writing.....

It is most positively legal to carry openly in tennessee, and I do it much of the time, with no problems.

Even the website you linked to explains this.

Quick Reply: Where do you stash your Gun?