General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why would you

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Splatter
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Why would you

ORIGINAL: tinknocker_02
Not wanting to flame anyone but I wear a half helmet because if I farted and had a full face on It would get trapped as it came up into my face.
Dude, you need to revisit the concept of "full coverage helmet." It's not supposed to go over your butt.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:55 AM
squid
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wear one below 35F to stay warm

[IMG]local://upfiles/28823/49B897591BFD45D5B13BE4089408C392.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear flip face full helmets exclusively. Full face protection, ability to flip the face for slower travel or to talk to someone, ability to just lift the face sheild a bit for riding in hot weather in relative comfort.

I am an x-ray tech and will not say "Your gonna die if ya have a half helmet on" but will say with expierience (not personal but seen many many aftermaths in my profession) that general injury is much much less with proper gear.

I am an ex-sport bike rider who still loves the twisties and fairly agressive riding on back country mountain roads. Gear has saved me before from a trip to the ER. My last Nolan N-100 had a gash along the front that would certainly had resulted in stiches and possibly a broken Zygomatic arch (cheek bone) if not for the full face.

I am not in favor of helmet laws or anything but I ride looking like a power ranger and will not allow my wife on the bike without the same.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Speedkingnick
Road Warrior

So, after reading the initial post and all subsequent posts I have to ask the $1,000,000 question...........

Why was this thread started?

Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 AM
birdie
Intermediate

Full face helmet, one of those HJC Carbon Fiber ones, light, great ventilation and anti fog screen, I think I wear it about 90% of the time, other 10% is a DOT HD Half Helmet. My face is not pretty but its the only one I have and I want to keep it where it is not spread on the black stuff.

But like someone said you make your choice and live with the result.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:18 AM
Sam
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Speedkingnick

So, after reading the initial post and all subsequent posts I have to ask the $1,000,000 question...........

Just to **** you off

Old 04-16-2007, 01:18 AM
kwgrimes
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great post Sam. Thanks!
ORIGINAL: Sam

Darryl, this isn't a shot at your thread, in fact you asked a greatquestion and it got me thinking about all the new riders on this forum.Myself, I've never had a windshield, I hardly wear my jacket in the summer and I wear a skidlid. It's what I've always done and wouldn't be comfortable riding any other way...............also am I an idiot for doing this, YES. ... gear"............Yes you did.

Old 04-16-2007, 01:19 AM
kwgrimes
Cruiser

And another...
ORIGINAL: Sam

ORIGINAL: Speedkingnick

Just to **** you off

Old 04-16-2007, 01:31 AM
kwgrimes
Cruiser

I wear a DOT 1/2 helmet because, when I got my first bike 18 mos. ago, that's what all my friends were wearing. I've often thought about getting a full-face helmet at least for the long rides, to help protect my ears and hearing from the wind before any permanent damage sets in. Rain would be a plus also, who'd thought rain would feel like BBs??? I asked these friends what they thought about a FF helmet and they did say, no. I do like the peripheral vision the 1/2 helmets offer and that would take some getting used too if I switched. I guess I'm like some of you others though, in denial about it ever happening to me...

Old 04-16-2007, 01:34 AM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[sm=exactly.gif]what I wonder.

Quick Reply: Why would you