General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCIII question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default PCIII question...

I just got my PCIII and plan to install it this weekend... My question is I want to double-check that there's a map pre-loaded into it before I do the install. How do I see what's loaded into the PCIII? I assume use the USB connection to a laptop, correct? Does it just say there's "something" there or does it actually specify what exactly the map is (type of bike/set up)?

Thanks!

PS: The bike's factory ECM had a download from the H-D dealer for the stage II set up the bike has on it, but no other aftermarket ECM equipment. Do I have to restore the "original" factory/stockMAP into the ECM or does the new PCIII ignore/bypass that and use it's own MAP?

Old 04-14-2007, 09:24 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: PCIII question...

Install the software on your computer and you can download the map.
You can use the 9v adaptor and do it before installing on your bike.
You "yourself" cannot restore the ecm to original.
If you did not tell the supplier of the PC111 exactly what your configuration is you probably don't have a very good map.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I had him download a specific MAP for my bike's set-up when I ordered it. Just wondering how you can "open" the PCIII and read what the MAP is that's currently installed in it.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:01 AM
user 37474839
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Install the software, then hook up the 9 volt battery..make sure it snaps in place- plug in the cable to your PC.

Start the Powercommander software and select Get Map. This should retrieve the current map configuration from the unit. You will see a description of the configuration it has been set for.

You can download other maps and there should be some on the CD. You can also go to the Dyno-Jet website and download additional maps.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:42 AM
ut_vols_fan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: celtlion

Install the software, then hook up the 9 volt battery..make sure it snaps in place- plug in the cable to your PC.

Start the Powercommander software and select Get Map. This should retrieve the current map configuration from the unit. You will see a description of the configuration it has been set for.

You can download other maps and there should be some on the CD. You can also go to the Dyno-Jet website and download additional maps.
What he said!!