General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley loan

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 05:34 PM
BCSKYPILOT
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: harley loan

If you need to make payments on a new bike purchaseand you are a home owner then you should look at available equity loans in your area. I would always be happy to help out forum memberswith a no upfront cost homeequity loan if you live in IN, OH, CO, KY, FL or MI^ Much better rates and you can write a percentage of the finance charges off!!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:36 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Both my bikes have been financed thru Harley. The first one I had no down payment but traded in the Shadow. The second I traded in my Sporty but they still wanted $1000 down payment. I didn't have it and almost didn't get the bike. The finance manager at Harley came up with the solution of cashing in the extended warranty on the Sporty and using that as the down payment. I've never had an issue with Harley and have a good interest rate.

Anyway....Congrats on your new bike! Just make your payments on time and you will have no problems!

Old 04-14-2007, 05:41 PM
txfatboyz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: HeatherC

Both my bikes have been financed thru Harley. The first one I had no down payment but traded in the Shadow. The second I traded in my Sporty but they still wanted $1000 down payment. I didn't have it and almost didn't get the bike. The finance manager at Harley came up with the solution of cashing in the extended warranty on the Sporty and using that as the down payment. I've never had an issue with Harley and have a good interest rate.

Anyway....Congrats on your new bike! Just make your payments on time and you will have no problems!

Glad it turned out good for ya.
But here is the problem as I see it.
Your dealer is going to want to sell you yoyr financing at the highest rate he can because not only does he make more money but so does Eaglemark bank.

It is in there best intrest to stick you with the highest rate they can.
For example using my case as I said above I refinanced with my credit union and this reduction in interest rate alone saved me a little over 5K on my loan.
Do yourself a favor just for chits and giggles and look into a refi and see if it might save ya some money.

Ride with the wind in your hair and if ya cant ride free atleast ride cheap LOL