General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

harley loan

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 07:08 PM
MortgageGuy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: harley loan

Good common sense bankers seem to be a dying breed these days. Get to know someone at the bank and then just take care of business from then on. You may run into some financial difficulties in the future and if you do the right thing now.........you'll be able to get the help that you need later on.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:23 PM
WillyHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: drrandall1

Alias, Bush pat a law October 2005 saying you can't claim bankruptcy if you make more than $35,000. Well there is some ways around it but it is much harder now.
Not a bad thing in my opinion.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:31 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

I think bankruptcy should have been outlawed 20 years ago!!!

Credit Union on my Street Glide, 100% financed at 4.1%, and I keep several CD's there, making 4.4%. I am gettingPAID .3% to ride my scoot...

Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 PM
BkrDude001
Cruiser

Some of you people make me feel good about 7.75% with no money down. I had financing already in place. HD didn't beat it but they come off the price of the bike and didn't charge set up or delivery to get my financing.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:25 PM
tireater
Banned

Harleys don't sound too bad to finance - talked to a guy who works in finance at a giant motorcycle dealership that sells alot of dirtbikes and quads. He said most young people buying them pay 18 to 21% ...

Old 04-13-2007, 08:28 PM
RoadKingRon
Advanced

Harley financing is all over the place and here is why. they permit the dealer to add to the interest rate for their own profit. I bought an HD in 2002, financed through HD, my friend was a salesman. he quotes me 7.5 says that is the best HD will do at the time. We make a deal. Bike comes in, he is in Las Vegas, I want the bike so he tells he to go in and ask for such and such sales person. I do and as I am signing the paperwork, I noticed the payment jumped substantially. I cry shenanigans and start to look over the paperwork, lo and behold the interest rate climbed to 10.75. I question salesman and he says "we always add 3 points to the HD rate" I tell him what my friend quoted me and he says no problem and just reprints the deal.

Imagine how many folks are paying that extra 3% to this day!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 PM
deluxehog
Advanced

Do some shopping at your local credit unions. You usually have to live within a certain proximity or be employed by specific companies (local proximity is what has always worked for me). I have both my truck and bike financed throughdifferent credit unions. 5.6% on the bike and 5.8% on the truck. Credit Unions generally have great costumer service and have almost always (at least in my experience) have lower rates than the banks. Good luck and remember having a scoot is awesome, BUT, if you can't make the payments it is going to hurt you in the long run and for a long time!

Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 PM
tplyons
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6.99% through Eaglemark. Paid the first payment today. Not a penny down.

I'm 20 years old and have a fairly extensive credit history.

Credit cards are wonderful if you don't spend what you don't have.

I'm a firm believer in not carrying a balance, and spending what I need to.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:49 PM
LowriderFXRS
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Conventional banks are hesitant to loan on motorcycles and if they DO they charge considerably higher rates than they'd charge the same individual for an automobile loan.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:58 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

man everyone should shop for rates i have a credit rating of 790 and have had as high as 840, and i`ve had exl credit for over 40 yrs, and they tried to get me at 11.0% i laughed and called credit union while sitting there, gal at credit union told the fin guy they would have a check out to them in morning, when the guy asked about the rate i told him 4.9% he diden`t believe me i bet him a lunch, and he said bring in the paperwork when i get it, i did and he paid for lunch

Quick Reply: harley loan