General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Relocated: Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2014 | 12:49 PM
Lentini93
|
Cruiser
Default Relocated: Las Vegas

Moved from a small town in Idaho to Las Vegas, wow what a difference for riding. City riding is much more active, and stressful. More people trying to kill you. I'm less bummed about moving from a free state to a helmet state right now, gives me a little more confidence.

Anyone in the LV area, or know biker friendly/ centered places?

Getting pipes is now a MUST, since the streetbob sounds like a sewing machine currently.

Old 10-26-2014 | 01:03 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member

I only visit LV as my son moved there a year ago. I will say this.............I don't see how any one can ride in the day in the summer with that heat. I plan to rent a bike from LV HD next time. They just moved into a new building my last time there. The ride thru the Valley of Fire and then along Lake Mead is great! Unfortunately I did it in a rented Camry. I'm sure there are other rides too. Boulder City, Southwest Diner, fantastic!

Old 10-26-2014 | 01:09 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member

Put $20 on 24

Old 10-26-2014 | 02:04 PM
upflying
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lentini93
Moved from a small town in Idaho to Las Vegas, wow what a difference for riding. City riding is much more active, and stressful. More people trying to kill you. I'm less bummed about moving from a free state to a helmet state right now, gives me a little more confidence.

Anyone in the LV area, or know biker friendly/ centered places?

Getting pipes is now a MUST, since the streetbob sounds like a sewing machine currently.
Besides killer LV summer heat and traffic, keep an eye out for crime too. NV is ranked #2 in the nation for crime. Suggest you go get your CCW permit, if you don't have it already

Old 10-26-2014 | 04:32 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member

Lived there for over 15 years. Not a good place for Air cooled bikes if you want to ride daily in town.

OTOH BEST place to ride from in all directions West to NorCal north to Tahoe, East to Zion, NE to Denver, SE to Grand Canyon,Lake Powell, Four Corners, South to Laughlin Havasu and Arizona...I had FXR out there for a short time and soon learned a water cooled bike is best for daily riding in town'

Heat was not bad Just wear long sleeves. white shirts and light colors. Exposed skin is hotter than white linen covered skin, Yeah The Helmet law sucks but get a white helmet.

You will grow to love a rain squall. 3-4 hours from a whole lot of very cool destinations

One of the reasons I bought a Harley when I moved here is I knew I woul not be putting on the miles after putting 16K on my Yamaha 1300 in seven years Their is no place to ride that looks different from the place I ride from. Tree lined two lane roads.

I don't put the miles on here I did out there ...Less than 10% So. like many. I will have a used Harley with low miles at some point. Better than a used Yamaha RoadStar with low miles.

Last edited by TenMidgets; 10-26-2014 at 04:35 PM.