General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

would you let your bro ride your bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:37 AM
jose409
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default would you let your bro ride your bike

have freinds who constantly keep asking to ride my bike they also offer to let me ride thiers i have 1 rule about riding thiers if i f#$k it up they can't ride untill its fixed would feel bad i always say my bike is like wife nobody rides her but me just some thoughts on that

Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior
Default RE: would you let your bro ride your bike

I don't generally ride someone elses bike if offered. I won't even offer to let them ride mine unless I know they have a bike worth more, or would back up any damages that happen. They'd have to be good friends. Some family doesn't even qualify.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:42 AM
Smitty0128
Road Master

AGREEE! there is only one guy I would trust on my bike besides me. And, I would still never ride his bike if he offered. for the same reasons you stated above.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:43 AM
RazorFXDB
Tourer

I'd be really iffy about letting someone else ride my bike. Except for family members. My dad rides, and I've got some uncles and cousin's who have let me ride their bike, but I think they would be the only exceptions.

The reason I wouldn't want to let someone else ride it is because I can barely afford the bike. I bought a cheap car a few years ago, waited 'til I paid it off, so I could afford the bike payment, and this year I bought a harley.It's just too much of an investment for me to risk someone else wrecking it.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

For me it depends on the situation.

I had my brother ride my bike so I could hear the new exhaust.

A cousin of mine has a Road King and was giving my Low Rider a close look - said he was considering adding one to his stable and wonderered how the forward controls felt. He asked if I minded if he sat on my bike.

I tossed him the keys and told him to take a quick spin. He tossed me his RK keys and we sent for a short ride.

Other than that, pretty much don't let other folks ride it.

Sammi

Editted to correct some typos.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:47 AM
russkrs
Cruiser

I used to be that way about my vehicles, but with my bike... if you've got a license your more than welcome to ride it. I guess I just look at it as a toy, so if something were to happen, I would still have 3 other modes of transport.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:49 AM
ut_vols_fan
Road Captain

Only if:

[ul][*]I explicitly trust their riding skills[*]I explicitly trust their ability to cover damages should anything happen[*]They agree to sign over all rights to uninhibited access to their significant other[/ul]
Just kidding on that last one (sort of....) I've only let one person ride my scoot. He gave me a place to live for 6 months while separated from my ex and went through a broken tib/fib several years ago when a teen driver pulled out in front of him on a scoot, so he's been there/done that. Trust him explicity, but even then it was only once....

Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 AM
3dynaP
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I know they can ride, I let them.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Philt
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good friends that know how to ride, definitely. I have never had anybody ask, but I have offered. My son rides it anytime he wants. Right now I have two at home (I'm needing to sell one) so it's kind of neat.We can ride together!
Phil

Old 04-12-2007, 11:57 AM
cmas06
Road Captain

I have only let a couple of close riding buddies ride mine, i know they can ride and thier responsible. But i did hear one guy say Dont ask to ride my Harley and i wont ask to F----- your wife.

Quick Reply: would you let your bro ride your bike