General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Loyalty

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Dave_E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dealer Loyalty

I do call it loyalty with a twist. I was raised by my Dad who would go to the same Dino gas station (little dump) forever, because the owner gave him personalized service. I told that to the dealer I bought my Sporty from. From day 2, the wife and I had a hard time with the motor clothes gals, she refused to go there anymore with me. I wrote a letter to the GM at the dealership, all he said to me was "I really don't know what you want me to do". Adios. Went to the new dealership in town, told them the story and life has been good there. I think it's all what the owner wants or cares about.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Crazy Biker
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not in this area. Southeast Pa.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:23 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I was loyal until the store manager starting talking $hit about me behind my back to his parts guy....who happened to know me.

joe

Old 04-12-2007, 09:25 PM
mcb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I support the small shop owner, do not go to dealer and do not use web for purchases, here in Michigan we need to keep the small guys in operation. JMHO!

Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
XL1200N
Road Master

I have a great dealer, good service, good people and they remember my name. But I buy off the internet also, I'll save a buck if I can.

Brian

Old 04-12-2007, 09:28 PM
4DZTOY
Advanced

ORIGINAL: boe1971200

ORIGINAL: 4DZTOY

I'm loyal to my local dealer in regards to the Sales& Service Depts....Without a single exception, I've been treated fairly and with respect..... I have a good relationship with my Service Writer and my Salesman.....More than once they've gone out of their way to help me....Partsare another thing....This dealer chooses not to compete with internet sales or even another local dealer that offers a modest 10%discount to HOG Members.....If I'm spending significant dollars I go with Zanotti's......
I have never heard of Zanottis before, does anyone have a link to their site?
Here you go.... http://www.zanottimotor.com/

Old 04-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

Dealers earn your business, the smart ones know that.

I along with family members owned a retail store that also had a service department. Even though we didn,t sell motorcycles we had a successful business for over 46 years. We always gave a discount of up to 20% and sometimes more depending on what our inventory turn needed to be.(Inventory turn alsois in the equation for profit)Some customers I would rather not have had but,some I loved, some I now miss some I don't. Iam sure some also felt the same about me. I guess it is like life sometimes you don't just see eye to eye.

Anyway I was told many years ago by a manufacture that there are three points in every sale. #1. Price, #2. Quality, and #3. Service. As a consumer you get to pick any two, you can never have all three. If I don't have to provide service I can sell it cheaper. If it is made by a cheaper manufacture I can sell it cheaper. But if it is the Quality I want with the Service I want, I always have to pay more than I want. Sometimes I do sometimes I don't, like me it is your choice.

By the way my dealer, Manns Harley Davidson in Edinburgh Indiana, they have earned and deserve my business by the way I am treated, the in stock merchandise and the knowledgeable sales and service department.

Makes me happy.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:07 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,913 Likes on 815 Posts

I'm loyal in the sense that anything I can't do myself, or don't feel like doing myself, I get them to do for me. They always do a great job, don't hose me on labour, and treat me well. I'm also friends with most of the staff, so it feels comfortable too.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
ditch_dgr
Road Master

I agree with Bigdaddy, Hampton Roads is a great dealer, I have bought 6 bikes from them over the last 10 years. They have all kinds of deals and specials all the time. I am extremly loyal to the, in fact I feel guilty when I go somehwere else.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The only time I buy anything from the dealer is when I get a 10% or more off coupon in the mail. Otherwise I go to the local shop or online. Those guys at the dealer don't want to be friends, they just want the $$.
I got an OK deal on the Dyna from one of the near by dealers, but I don't think anyone but the service manager remembers my name when I go back there.

Quick Reply: Dealer Loyalty