General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Loyalty

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 03:13 PM
GOSTAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealer Loyalty

Sworn to fun, loyal to none... My local dealer, where I bought my bike? They suck, so I am not loyal to them. I ride about 30 miles to another dealer, HD of Washington in Fort Washington, MD. Less drama, better people, better prices. But certain things I buy online, or wherever there is the best price.

If my local dealer did not suck, I would support them. But they do, so I don't.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: joko317
Hey EK5858........bought my 06 heratige at Clayton County....I'm ready for the 5000 mile check up......what do you think about the service dept.......My comments on their dept are questionable
I bought my last 2 bikes from there. I've neverreally had them do much service. My experiences have been:

1. Around 2002 - On a 2001 RK(not bought there), took it in for tire change. Got bill and they charged me for brakes also. WTF? Asked what this was about and why wasn't I called. Guy told me, "They were insuch bad shape, we wouldn't have even letyou ride bike off lot because of liability." I asked him if they would be making payments on bike in future so they could decide what was to be done to bike. Never took that bike back to the except when time to trade.

2. 2005 - Had a wreck and service dept. really went to bat against my insurance company to get bike fixed right. Of course, maybe this was because they knew they would be getting insurance dollars and would fight harder for those.

3. 2007 - Took my 2007 Electra Glide Classic to them because I had bought the french trim ring for headlight and when putting it on, there was a HUGE gap between headlight and ring on one side. Looked okay on other side. This was a Saturday and they took it in and adjusted headlight and everything looks fine.

BUT I've decided to do as much of the maintenance as I can. I have the service manual and Fix-My-Hog DVD to go by.I think for prices being charged for maintenance, I can buy necessary tools and do a fairly decent job myself. Anything I can't handle or under warranty, I'll give them a shot. But hose me once and it won't be back(see#1 above).

Old 04-12-2007, 04:57 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

loyalty with any of these guys will come only when sales go away or at least slow down, right now they make so much on service and sales they don`t need to worry about you buying the 10 dollor part

Old 04-12-2007, 05:37 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

I would be loyal to the dealer I bought my bike from if they would lower their ridiculus prices!

Old 04-12-2007, 06:29 PM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey EK5858........bought my 06 heratige at Clayton County....I'm ready for the 5000 mile check up......what do you think about the service dept.......My comments on their dept are questionable
Billy the service manager is cool, and they have a couple good techs. I personnaly take mine all the way to MT Chehea HD for service butI will try the new on opening in Newnan in a few weeks

Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 PM
EK5858
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Unome

I bought my last 2 bikes from there. I've neverreally had them do much service. My experiences have been:

1. Around 2002 - On a 2001 RK(not bought there), took it in for tire change. Got bill and they charged me for brakes also. WTF? Asked what this was about and why wasn't I called. Guy told me, "They were insuch bad shape, we wouldn't have even letyou ride bike off lot because of liability." I asked him if they would be making payments on bike in future so they could decide what was to be done to bike. Never took that bike back to the except when time to trade.

2. 2005 - Had a wreck and service dept. really went to bat against my insurance company to get bike fixed right. Of course, maybe this was because they knew they would be getting insurance dollars and would fight harder for those.

Saw you lived in Ellenwood, I worked for Kauffman there on Anvil block Rdfor 3 years, I now work in Forest Park. I live in Newnan though

3. 2007 - Took my 2007 Electra Glide Classic to them because I had bought the french trim ring for headlight and when putting it on, there was a HUGE gap between headlight and ring on one side. Looked okay on other side. This was a Saturday and they took it in and adjusted headlight and everything looks fine.

BUT I've decided to do as much of the maintenance as I can. I have the service manual and Fix-My-Hog DVD to go by.I think for prices being charged for maintenance, I can buy necessary tools and do a fairly decent job myself. Anything I can't handle or under warranty, I'll give them a shot. But hose me once and it won't be back(see#1 above).

Old 04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
LimeNine9r
Tourer

YEP, Mid-Ohio Harley Davidson, Springfield Ohio -is the best dealership I know of.
Only ones that get my business, unless I find a 50%-75% sale on a t-shirt somewhere.

They have the Phatail right now letting them investigate the strange sound
from the rear wheel, brakes? bearings? drive belt?
Had them pick it up, normal delivery dude is out sick new guys were like
"Yea - I remember when we built this bike"
instant pals since he remembers the bike.

Excellent service from this place ! ! ! ! ! !

Told 'em that if they decide to park mine on the showroom as an example of their work
that I want a $100 bird dog fee from any sales it generates.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,379 Likes on 6,156 Posts

There are 6 or 7 dealers within an hours ride in any direction of my house. But if theres something I need from a dealer I usually go to the same one. I choose where my money gets spent based on the service provided, and this particular dealer has gone out of their way for me a couple of times. If I need a part from a dealer, they get my coin.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
4DZTOY
Advanced

I'm loyal to my local dealer in regards to the Sales& Service Depts....Without a single exception, I've been treated fairly and with respect..... I have a good relationship with my Service Writer and my Salesman.....More than once they've gone out of their way to help me....Partsare another thing....This dealer chooses not to compete with internet sales or even another local dealer that offers a modest 10%discount to HOG Members.....If I'm spending significant dollars I go with Zanotti's......

Old 04-12-2007, 08:31 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 14,379 Likes on 6,156 Posts

ORIGINAL: 4DZTOY

I'm loyal to my local dealer in regards to the Sales& Service Depts....Without a single exception, I've been treated fairly and with respect..... I have a good relationship with my Service Writer and my Salesman.....More than once they've gone out of their way to help me....Partsare another thing....This dealer chooses not to compete with internet sales or even another local dealer that offers a modest 10%discount to HOG Members.....If I'm spending significant dollars I go with Zanotti's......
I have never heard of Zanottis before, does anyone have a link to their site?

Quick Reply: Dealer Loyalty