General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using heated liner without jacket

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 05:43 PM
rob0225
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by macafly
Unbelievable. Heated gear isn't designed to be exposed to the wind,it's meant to be worn under the gear that IS designed to be exposed to the wind. Yet,there's always some ***** who wants to do something stupid,and then whine when the **** comes apart at the seams,and wonder "Wahappened"? Good luck,slug.

Sorry you don't want to hear this, but it's absolutely the truth. Why risk ruining it? That stuff is damn expensive. My wife bought me the Harley version (Gerbings, but an extra $40 for the Harley logo, the wifey didn't know any better). The instructions with my liner said do not wear it exposed to the wind.
It's not that I don't want to hear it I can accept the answer which is why inasked the question. But there is no reason to answer with a jackass comment like this.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rob0225
I used it the other morning without a jacket in about mid 40s temps. The arms worked pretty well, but the core didn't. I could feel the heat a bit, but not much. Threw a jacket on overtop and all is well.

Seriously dude? You got some issues.

I asked a legitimate question, if you can't provide any valuable feedback then **** off.

BTW, there is heated gear meant to be worn exposed so your blanket statement is wrong, *****.
It's not that I don't want to hear it I can accept the answer which is why inasked the question. But there is no reason to answer with a jackass comment like this.
Well,princess,seems you answered your "legitimate" question before you posted,huh? Funny how everyone,but you,knew not to wear it uncovered while riding. Seems Gerbing has a telephone,and even,wait for it..........email. If there is heated gear meant to be exposed,why haven't you got it? Then you could save yourself the trouble of asking dumb *** questions,expecting the rest of the world to do your research for you. As for "blanket statements",here's one.................grab blankey,insert thumb.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:07 PM
rob0225
Road Master
Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Twistnride

Well,princess,seems you answered your "legitimate" question before you posted,huh? Funny how everyone,but you,knew not to wear it uncovered while riding. Seems Gerbing has a telephone,and even,wait for it..........email. If there is heated gear meant to be exposed,why haven't you got it? Then you could save yourself the trouble of asking dumb *** questions,expecting the rest of the world to do your research for you. As for "blanket statements",here's one.................grab blankey,insert thumb.
Since you're an idiot and can't understand simple English...this was my initial question:

Anyone use the heated liner without a jacket? If so, does it still work pretty well?

I didn't ask if it was the right way to use it...unlike you I can comprehend and understand the simple word "liner" and get that it is to normally to be worn under a jacket. My question was if anyone had by chance not worn it with a jacket and if so how it performed.

I didn't ask if it would get torn up or how it would hold up. You won't find a thread one on here of mine with me whining about anything, especially anything I've chosen to use contrary to it's intended use.

Next.....

Old 10-28-2014, 09:26 PM
FLHPete
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Seems like a legitimate question. I wear mine all the time without a jacket over it. In northern Indiana the weathers all over the map, it's easy to get caught in it - rain included. It's relatively wind proof, durable, water resistant, covers a wide range of temps and looks good. Btw, it's the Gerbings/Harley one.