General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever get chased by the cops when you were a kid?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 07:22 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Ever get chased by the cops when you were a kid?

Never been chased as a kid,was chased once by a very young sherriff in a pickup truck me in my 460 powered AC Cobra,very early one morning.Just him and I on the country road.I guess he was upset at my little burst of speed.Did he catch me? What do you think>

Old 04-11-2007, 07:23 AM
ditch_dgr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used to ride our dirt bikes in the woods and fields around our houses, the cops came one time and chased us as far as they could on the dirt raod leading to the woods, we got away from them. When I went home the cop was sitting in my driveway talking to my dad. The cop looked at me when I pulled up and said, "I was going to arrest you, but I think your dad can take care of this problem". I lost the bike for 2 weeks and got my butt whipped...The early 70's were certainly a different time.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:07 AM
squid
Banned

Chased,shot at by.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:55 AM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was a stupid, wild kid. And I wear the scars of a misspent youth.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:04 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

No... small town... cops knew everybody... my Dad was the EMS director so all the cops knew me and my Dad really well. It paid to keep my nose clean...but, it did get me out of a jam once or twice knowing those cops.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Law Dawg
Road Warrior

I lived in a small town growing up...A few of tried the speeding, peeling thing and just usual stupid *** stuff. But it never worked for us as the cops knew us pretty well hell the police chief was our next door neighbor. Many years later I got to do the chasing, what a difference. Stories for the grandkids.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ChiefGator

I only ran one time...and I wasn't actually at the controls.

My beater of a pickup died on the road one winter evening. I walked about a mile and found a payphone and called a bud. He hopped on his Seca 750 to come get me. Somewhere along the road he lost the extra helmet that he grabbed for me. It was late and we decided to chance it. We were ripping through the back road when we pass John Q. Law. My bud (no license anyway) sees the brake lights and rolls on the throttle. I am just along for the ride. We were well ahead of the cop when we went in too hot into a 90 left. We did a nice somewhat graceful lowside and slid across some ladies grass. SPLASH right into a lake. Neither Shawn nor the bike gets wet, and he pops up, fires up the bike and yells, "Hide, I will be back later" and tears off just as the cop rounds the corner. So, here I am in four feet of water, hiding in the reeds, for three hours as the cops pattrol up and down the street shining their spotlight. Not long after I was in the water, one cop actually walked down to the edge of the water and shined his light in the reeds and gave me the old "I see you, might as well comeout of there" routine, but I stayed as low in the water as I could and he walked off. This is in Orlando, so it was not crazy cold maybe in the high 40's, but hypothermia was definately setting in. Just about the time I decided I had to get out of those weeds, I notice the cop parked a few hundred yards away with the lights off. So I wait some more. Eventually, he drives off. My buds must have been watching because they roll up in a pickup and I wade outta the water and jump in the back and high-tail it outta there. It took a long time and a lot of chemical enhancement for the shaking to stop.

That was my only time I ever crashed without a helmet and the only time I ever ran.
That's a great story. It could be a scene in a movie. Man, it sucked to be you that night!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:51 AM
someday69
Advanced

I ran quite a few times,,,mostly from two different gangs of older kids,,once or twice from cops,,but they had NO chance,because of all the practice I got from the gangs,,,I knew where to run to find shops with back doors that had 12ft chainlink fence's in the courtyards or alleys they emptyed into,,,and I'd be over and gone,although I riped my shirt and right hand once on barbed/razer wire at one place,,,got caught by the older boys once,,they beat/kicked me around and threw me off a bridge with thorn bushes on the steep sloap,that broke my fall and cut me up,,this was in san mateo ca...at 17 I left for the road with lead guitar Ode,,,and in someplace like fort smith ark,,we got chased by the cops,,,we ran cause we still had a thermos full of good weed,,well good for those days,,panama red,or somethin,,,anyway I grabed the stach,and ran into the woods/brush,,he took off with the/my 64SS-impala,,(best car I ever had-gave it away),,,anyway they had a bout 12cars with C-B radios come'in the area,,lookin for me,,,I mean private cars,,volenteers I guess,,But I got the worst case of CHIG-ERS you could imagein,,,,cost me 16bucks for some lo shon to try to get em out from under my skin,,iched like a sun of a bitch,,,,,But Im the kind'a guy who likes to run from a fight,,if its just me,I'll run away,,,and if the pursuer is drunk,,,I can make them fall every time,,,like a rabitt,,a quick turn just as the are about to cacth you,,,,But I digress,,,

Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

never really a chase

<--- too easily caught

Old 04-11-2007, 10:17 AM
mid_life_crisis
Tourer

Yep ...as a kid and teenager we would ride our trail bikes on the farms and such. But right after a hard rain some of the trails would be so muddy we would get out on the road and ride to get where we wanted to go and then the people in the neighborhood would call the cops. Or we would get the law called on us also if we were fishing in a ppond that we weren't suppose to be at lol, I wish thats all kids had to be in trouble for now, trespassing and fishing lol.

Ive done the same old thing as the others, one time I ran and got home before the cop got there, tried the ole' Ive been home today sir'.........but when he went to the bike you could fry an egg on it. They were always nice about it.........he would say 'son...we just dont want yall to get hurt' or ' dont ride by ole mrs. X house and taunt her because she will call us' and I quess the last would be' Now yall know mr. X doesnt allow any fishing.....by the way how many did you catch and how big were they'

wayne

Quick Reply: Ever get chased by the cops when you were a kid?