General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County Choppers--What's the problem???

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 01:39 PM
bradhinz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Orange County Choppers--What's the problem???

Its like some other posts have stated. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. To continuallywatch it then complain about it wrong imo. That show is for entertainment and it does a fair job at it in my opinion. Their bikes aren't my cup of tea, but I appreciate the effort that goes into them. To each their own. Care about what you ride.

Old 04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: bradhinz

Its like some other posts have stated. If you don't like the show, don't watch it. To continuallywatch it then complain about it wrong imo. That show is for entertainment and it does a fair job at it in my opinion. Their bikes aren't my cup of tea, but I appreciate the effort that goes into them. To each their own. Care about what you ride.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 04-12-2007, 04:25 PM
HrlyDave
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoy the show. Mostly for their antics now, as there seems to be less and less bike building.

I think the production bikes suck. I wouldn't buy one. I do like to see what they come up with on the theme bikes though.

Also, I think the show is in decline. Used to be better.

Oh, and a bitch : I had seen on the show they were gonna have a live cam, so their fans could see them working. Sounded really cool, til I went to their website and seen you had to "join" the fan club at a cost of $49.95 a year ! What a bunch of BS ! They gotta be kiddin', right ?
I like them a lot less now.

Just my .02

Old 04-12-2007, 07:47 PM
cj_slowdown
Road Warrior

Denim,

Whats the problem ? nothing !

I saw (I think the first show) the jet bike really cool on that aircraft carrier dock in NYC, I followed the show since then, I really like most all their theme bikes, Statue of Liberty the best, I had a little battle at Americade web site a few years back while OCC came in to Bolton Landing NY 10 miles up the road from Lake George during Americades bike week, (how dare they) I got in it pretty heavy with an editor from MCN (Motorcycle Consumer News) he has a column on the inside last page called Contact Patch his name is Fred, anyway he really came down on OCC, daring to come in during Americade, he called the bikes they made junk, telling a story of them bring in some bikes for show at the NYC Bike Show, things falling off them and so on, I thought this guy was maybe pissed a little because OCC didn’t come to LG and pay a fee for setting up (like all them vendors do) anyway he was on this web site, telling that kind of “element” brings the worst in town : - ) I‘ll try to make this brief, I said what is wrong with the town trying to make a little money for the local fire house having OCC come in and bring a few bikes (theme) selling a few t-shirts ?

He came back with this and that embarrassing to the industry, traffic, of course it brings in the “element” etc ba, ba,

He said he talked to the mayor of BL and he wasn’t too happy with what was happening in his town, funny when I pass through with a group of riders Friday AM at 10:30AM yeah there were lots of traffic in this resort lake front town, I was park to go out of the gas station waiting for some guys gasing up, lots of families walking, little kids coming back from the show wearing little OCC t-shirts ! lots of people walking to and back from where OCC was set up in the town park next to route 9N, was lets say busy, while walking past me not one but two regular families as they where walking by, ask if they could take a picture of my bike, (you got to remember these same folks would most likely cross the street instead of walking near me at otherplace andtime : ) ah yeah I guess, so as I was getting off the seat, the wife/Mother said no please say on it, she shoved a little kid in front of me and took a few pics, them she jump next to me, then 1 or 2 mins later more pictures from other people : - )

[font="times new roman"][color=#0000cc][size=3]I notice the guys were in back of me, all filled up. Hay gotta go, we rode off being careful not to run anybody over ! stopped up the road a bit at an overlook of LG, one guy and his wife I meet up there every year rides a Goldwing, (yeah I know but a good guy) this guy ask me what was going on back there, just some people all caught up with the bike thing I guess, I said you know non-biker families really don’t know the difference between bikes and years, meaning I was sitting back there on a twenty something year old shovel, all they knew was this black custom painted hd with gold leaf flames looking pretty good, this guy puts like 90 or 100,000 miles on Goldwings this is his third and new with every gizmo there was for it, now I am not saying it was because what happen, but the next year at Americade he was ridin

Old 04-12-2007, 08:00 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

CJ, I agree with you 100%.

Old 04-12-2007, 08:09 PM
chester1957
Road Warrior

I didn't lose my respect for them when they got rich, it was the pounding an axle in, or standing on a battery to get it in a too of a small box and a few other things I watched them do on their shows, that did it for me.I watched a show where they used someone else's girder top end and made their own legs. During mock up the front end worked fine. On final assembly the front end was bound up. They claimed someone didn't send them the right chit. I figure they lost the lower bushing, (that they had to "engineer" and make). I had a Fury girder, and couldn't believe they didn't notice the front end binding up while they were tightening the lower fork pivot bolt. They wouldn't have had that problem with a Fury as they used a chrome bar with threaded ends and chrome acorn nuts with set screws.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:55 AM
mid_life_crisis
Tourer

Early in this thread I posted what I didnt like about the show at first.After watching the show last night I have a couple more comments about the show, Vinney and Nub and the the guy that does alot of the tanks, If not for them......there would be no O C C. Vinney does most all the work. Nub turns out some nice paint jobs and isnt even employed bt O C C. I know alot of things are out sourced, but if not for Nub......I think they would be hurting.

wayne

Old 04-13-2007, 11:57 AM
ohiomotoxer
Tourer

I guess for the unwashed masses it's an ok way to spend an hour.

For those in the know.........its a good chuckle.

Either way, good or bad like or hate they are laughing all the way to the bank.........again and again and again.....

Old 04-13-2007, 03:42 PM
chattigre
Advanced

they're not custom "builders." they're merely over glorified andmelodramatic ASSEMBLERS. with the emphasis on "***" IMO.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:44 PM
Nona
Outstanding HDF Member

i watch it because of micky

Quick Reply: Orange County Choppers--What's the problem???