General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Orange County Choppers--What's the problem???

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:15 AM
jimb
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Orange County Choppers--What's the problem???

I saw several OCC bikes before they hit tv, and I didn't like them then.I'm not jealous of them, they can build better than me, I just don't like their style.As far as the theme bikes, they are clearly made for show, I'd like to see someone turn one of those around in a 2 car garage.As far as Jesse james goes, I've liked his stuff since the first time I saw it in a magazine, long before motorcycle mania.Killer looking, no frills, functional bikes.Looks as though a regular guy could actually work on it if he had to.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11733/A8DA7EBC5D004F18AD873144B0805898.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-11-2007, 11:20 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the fact,when your on a OCC bike you gotta hang your head out, way to the right or left so you can see passed the gas tank!! lol

Old 04-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not really sure of what there is there to be jealous of? I have a great wife (19 years and going strong). I have a daughter entering dental school. A son achieving honor roll grades in Junion High school, I'm 4 weeks away from completing my Masters Degree. I teach high school, my wife teaches High School. I own a business (18 years now), and I still maintain my privacy. If anything, these guys should be jealous of me.

What do they have? A lot of money, and alot of fun....wait, I am jealous. Just kidding. I would love to be able to live a somewhat looser lifestyle, but I work with kids everyday, and ride my Harley (when spring finally gets here) to work and on the weekends. I really have nothing to be jealous of...but that money would be nice.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Look at this link. That is the day that we met up with Billy Joel on his OCC bike, talking about the problems with the bike.

https://www.hdforums.com/m_435918/tm.htm

Old 04-11-2007, 11:28 AM
Jake88
Tourer

I dont mind watching any of the biker shows, but I do have to say that I am pretty worried about how they "finish" a bike. And by finish, I mean basically put every type of "jerry-rigging" technology to work. They hammer, pry, and beat the bike into place?? Maybe this is why I let Harley do all the guess work. I personally wouldnt ride one of those show bikes more than about 3 miles!! I would be afraid parts would start falling off...

Old 04-11-2007, 11:29 AM
FLHTCUI05
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A few years ago, OCC was to lead Rolling Thunder thru DC. The bike didn't even make it to the parade route. I know any bike can break down, but I don't think those bikes are made for an all day ride. Just my opinion.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Fandango6
Road Warrior

I used to watch most of the time, I thought when Paul Sr. threw a tantrum or they got in a hollering match it was just part of the entertainment. But when the episode came one were they moved out of the old shop and destroyed the place with a truck I thought that's enough, I ain't watching these morons anymore. As far as their instant fame and fortune, good for them.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:34 AM
Brackneyc
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you remeber when Paul Jr. bought PaulSr. the Harley for his birthday. That Harley was the best looking bike I ever saw on the show. Still love Cody's bike.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:40 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
ORIGINAL: grunt

I do have to say like others I grew tired of the common-drama theme through the show. Watched it enough to realize a drinking game could be easily made.

drink when Paul Sr. throws a tantrum
drink when Paul Jr. shows up late
drink when a project is behind schedule
drink when they do their "I gotta tell ya" lines
drink when some part does not fit
drink when Mikey does something stupid instead of work

There were some interesting bikes, but few I would pay to own

Old 04-11-2007, 11:43 AM
stevegray
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Brackneyc

Do you remeber when Paul Jr. bought PaulSr. the Harley for his birthday. That Harley was the best looking bike I ever saw on the show. Still love Cody's bike.
Yeah, I think it was an Ultra-Classic. Jr. acted like he never saw anything like it before, and Mikey got jealous cause he wanted one too. I found it entertaining that they have a whole shop full of customs yet they will still go out and buy a Harley.

Quick Reply: Orange County Choppers--What's the problem???