Notices
Gear and Other Items For Sale Helmets, gloves, leathers, etc. and any non-motorcycle related ads. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Arai white full face helmet used twice

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:14 PM
Sledge
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arai white full face helmet used twice

I bought this for my wife and it doesnt fit her. I will take $250 plus shipping, I am unsure of the exact model but it retailed for around $500, plus the cost of the HD headset and installation so I have about $600 in it. It is size L 7 1/4 to 7 3/8. It has a couple of very small paint chips from rocls/bugs? hitting it. It has NEVER been dropped. it has the Harley Headset installed into it already.

I know the concerns of buying a used helmet but I assure you there will be NO disappointments with this helmet, especially at this price. If you are not happy with it when you get it I will take a return on it minus the shipping costs as long as its in the same condition as it is in the pics.

Email with any questions.

Attached Thumbnails Arai white full face helmet used twice-helmet-1.jpg   Arai white full face helmet used twice-helmet-2.jpg   Arai white full face helmet used twice-helmet-3.jpg  
Old 10-17-2010, 10:19 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

That model is a Signet.

Drew

Old 10-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Sledge
Road Master

Thank you!

Old 10-17-2010, 10:44 PM
Sledge
Road Master

Heres a review on it I found:

nukleon's Full Review: Arai Signet/GTR Solid
The Arai Signet GT offers some of the best helmets in the world. Why do we wear helmets? We wear them to protect the precious contents of our skull in the event of an impact with terra ever-so-firma.

Arai makes wearing a helmet a pleasure rather than a chore. The Signet's long oval shell design fits the heads of those who can't comfortably wear other brands or models, and the Signet is comfortable even on the longest trips..with more than adequate air-flow control. The chin spoiler is also an excellent touch..keeping that cold air from rushing down your jacket on cold days and keeping your visor fog free.

Changing the faceshield? Yes, this can be tricky for the novice..but don't do what I did and go breaking those side panels. Although it may seem like voodoo at first, changing the faceshield is remarkably easy once you've gotten some practice. I prefer to change shields rather than wear glasses underneath a clear shield, so I've had plenty of practice.

The removable liners are excellent as well. Other helmets force you to buy a whole new helmet rather than be able to wash the liners...with the Signet you can keep your liner fresh-smelling, should you detect the slightest bit of funk after that flurry of trackdays.

The Signet, finally, is low in noise and lightweight. I hardly feel it on long rides..and the fit is so good that buffeting is reduced to a minimum.

Speaking of buffeting..Arai is purported not to be selling their helmets online anymore..instead, you must go to a dealer and try the helmet on and buy it in person. There is a method to this madness...apart from some people getting stuck with 'Arai clones', you can actually get a good fit if you try before you buy. Try the long oval and round oval shapes, and sit in the shop for about 15 minutes while wearing the helmet. The Arai will prove to be comfortable..and if you're a long oval head shape (narrow head, longer front to back) then you're going to LOVE the fit of the Signet. Other helmets, like the RF-900 from Shoei left a very distinct pressure in my forehead...not good when you're trying to concentrate or merely enjoy yourself.

Finally, Arai makes one of the best helmets on the planet...it's worth figuring out how to change the faceshield. Better yet, have the dealer show you how before you buy the helmet..this way you won't risk breaking a brand new helmet.

Another note..you can add reflectives to any helmet with 3M SOLAS tape from Aerostich.com. Most manufacturers don't recommend putting stickers on your helmet...but I don't recommend getting rear ended at night because some cager didn't 'see' you! Not that it happened to me.

What did happen to me is that I highsided (at the track)while wearing an Arai Signet and yep, I hit my head. My head is fine...and I believe it might have been worse had I been wearing either a cheap or ill-fitting helmet. My 2002 Signet did it's job and I plan to get another one to replace it.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:08 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

That looks like an older model Arai helmet made sometime prior to 2000. I believe they switched to the dual front vents and added an adjustable rear exhaust spoiler on the rear of helmets manufactured after 1999. The model and year of manufacture will be on a label under the head liner.

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/a...t-gt-2972.html

Last edited by fat_tony; 10-17-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Sledge
Road Master

You are correct on the single top vent in the front as far as year I have no clue Ill look under the headliner, bought it new awhile back and it has set in the box since. Thanks for the help in identifying it so someone will know exactly what they are buying.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:45 PM
Sledge
Road Master

Bump ttt make me an offer

Old 10-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Sledge
Road Master

Sold.......