Gear and Other Items For Sale Helmets, gloves, leathers, etc. and any non-motorcycle related ads. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

For all you dog lovers/owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009 | 08:44 AM
AdrianVall
|
Elite HDF Member
Default For all you dog lovers/owners!

Hey guys,

My fiance' and I have gotten tired of seeing ridiculously priced dog beds for sale at $100+ for a simply made bed. So, we got to thinking, and began making our own. We've made both our puppies dog beds, and came out extremely well. So well, that we've given thought to making our own and selling for a lot less.

So with that said, before we get to making on these dog beds, I'd like to see if there's any interest in buying a dog bed for there loved ones. The ones we made are about 36-38 inches in length, and about 26 inches in width. We were thinking $25-50 depending on size of bed. One of this size mentioned above would run $35-40. I'd have to get exact measurements, but I'm at work right now and my fiance' keeps bugging me telling me to post on the forum asking you guys. I'll get some pictures up later today so you can get an idea.

So, watcha guys think? Yay or nay? Would anyone be interested?

Cheers,
Adrian

Old 11-30-2009 | 09:20 AM
msharleydude
Cruiser
Thumbs up beds

we'd be interested, have 2 german shepards about 85 lbs each and a corgi about 40 lbs.
thanks!

Old 11-30-2009 | 10:36 AM
DynaDAWG
Cruiser

Yay from me also. It's stupid how much the stores ask for a simple pillow case and stuffing. I'll take one. 85lb. Rott/Pit/Hound mix. I'd like to see the bed about 36" x28" for bigger pooches.

DD

Old 11-30-2009 | 10:44 AM
Fingernip
Cruiser

I have found them around that same price locally here but I would support a fellow HDforum member first. We have too many right now but I can just recommend that you make them so the filling is removable for washing. We feed our pit a partial raw diet and give her only raw beef bones to chew. Cooked bones splinter as raw will not. She gets her beds very messy when she gets a new bone.

Old 11-30-2009 | 12:19 PM
kyroger
Road Warrior

Yep, 1 Great Dane, 1 Golden Retriever.

Old 11-30-2009 | 01:21 PM
AdrianVall
|
Elite HDF Member

Awesome! Great news.. ok then, I'll get some pictures up tonight of the ones we made for our pups, and exact sizes/prices and we'll go from there. I'll send PM's to those interested.

Old 11-30-2009 | 04:51 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

OK I'm in with a 75lb Chocolate Lab

Old 11-30-2009 | 05:02 PM
AdrianVall
|
Elite HDF Member

Awesome!

Here are the details. These beds we made are 35 inches in length, and 28 inches in width. Here are a few pictures, for examples that we have for our pups. We can do bigger if wanted, or smaller and different colors as well.

We'll get more into detail on that later with prices.

As you can see, these beds are way to big for my dogs (other pup not shown.. he's got to much ADD! haha), but we wanted to make them so they could grow into it.

Old 11-30-2009 | 07:59 PM
latnyte
Road Master

we have 2 french bulldogs 1 pug 1 weiner dog 1 boston terrier and 2 heinz 57's we rescued lol we would be interested for sure !

Old 11-30-2009 | 08:07 PM
Capecodgirl
Cruiser

What a GREAT idea Adrianvall!!! There is most definitely a market for your Items and I'm sure any kind of biker material would be all the cooler!! ROCK ON!!

Quick Reply: For all you dog lovers/owners!