Notices
Gear and Other Items For Sale Helmets, gloves, leathers, etc. and any non-motorcycle related ads. Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Priced to Sell: WI/IL Area 2004 6.8L Pontiac GTO 600+rwhp and Streetable!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 04:31 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Priced to Sell: WI/IL Area 2004 6.8L Pontiac GTO 600+rwhp and Streetable!

Current price: $22K (you really can't beat this price)

I need this gone! I'm in Iraq and the only reason for sale is that I am being moved to Germany by the Army and I need to budget for future parenthood..... :bomb:

People who have seen this car in person know it is a quality built piece by a well respected builder (Speed INC of Schaumburg IL). I'm a regular over on ls1gto.com so feel free to prod around if you wish, here is the FS thread over that way: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...18#post5616818

3K miles on the engine, trans, and driveline. About 40k on body. I am only considering selling or trading this beast right now since I am deployed again and moving to Germany once I return.

Engine details (pump gas beast that you can DD all year):
416CI L92 (truck variant of LS3)
Forged internals
ETP 245 Heads
PatrickG Custom Cam
Details on the build with old cam can be found here (new cam dyno'd slightly higher): http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234949

- CompStar Crankshaft 4340 Forged LS1 Crankshaft -Small Jounral
Small Jounral -2.000" journal -4.000" stroke
- CompStar 6.125" H beam connecting rods withARP2000 hardware-2.000" journal
- Diamond LS1 4.070" 1.115" compression height-.79cc valve reliefs for 11º ETP heads, uses ring09064070
- ET Performance LS1 CNC 245cc Runner-4.00" chamber bore-68cc combustion chamber-Patriot Extreme springs .660 lift
- Fel Pro permatorque MLS 4.100 bore .053" thickness
- 11.6 : 1 compression
- 91-93 OCTANE Build

Nitrous System is a 90mm plate kit, the link above explains that as well. Stand alone fuel tank with race gas for security and a progressive controller. Basically as safe as it gets. Running a 200 shot resulted in a 10.16 @ 134.5 MPH.

Drive line is built to last, this Goat will take what you throw at it. Stock drive shaft and BMR CV Shafts and Stubs. Stock Gears etc...

Suspension: Pedders front and rear stock height springs and shocks. Drag Bags with individual valves done up for each side for easy access. New pedders front hubs. Various Pedders bushings throughout but running stock sway bars. Pedders HD Endlinks. BMR Subframe connectors... Drives like a dream and cuts low 1.5 60's! Get some slicks and maybe you can hit a 1.49 60ft. Pedders strut tower brace...

Brakes: Upgraded from the 04 brakes to the bigger and better 05/06 brakes with powerslot rotors front and rear.

Transmission is a FLT LVL 5 4L60E with Circle D 3800 Triple Disc converter. Trans and converter are as bullet proof as a 4L60 can get. No slipping on nitrous launches and it DD's great on the street. No super loose TC here. Has a tranny cooler already.

The paint is in like new condition except for a blemish on the rear bumper, regular wear on the front clip, and an unfortunate scratch on driver side from wifes purse...no dents I am aware of. I buff with an orbital and the paint really does look great. yes I track it at a 11.1 pace all motor and 10.16 pace on 200 shot.

Appearance: Has CF banshee hood, CF rear insert. This is a blue interior IBM with SCSS center gauge pod holding dual aeroforce gauges. Also have an SCSS A-pillar with pods holding fuel pressure and nitrous pressure gauges that match the blue interior. Also forgot it is running a JHP original lip spoiler and HID head lights.

Misc: Running a 5 point NHRA legal cage with 5 point harness already installed (stock belt remains). Only issue this causes is that you can't go with a gangsta low profile driving position plus ******I am short at 5' 6" so you might want it redone for your size.****** Also the way the cage was put together the rear seats are a no go...I asked for it like this because I never used the and just wanted to carpet the rear seating area. Also currently the passenger seat is out, but that is by choice, it can go back in. If you really don't want the cage someone can cut it out for cheap....but this Goat goes 11.1 on motor all day so you will need it if you go to the track. Almost forgot, it is running some CDT Eurosport 6.5" component speakers up front (pricey) and a single 10" sub in the rear. But fear not...it is all quick disconnect for when you got to the track.
Pics of cage: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...highlight=cage

All motor/trans/driveline work done by Speed INC.

All who have seen it know how nice it is and that it is a true street machine. Runs pump gas.

I have $30K invested on top of the price of this car.

Lots of folks can vouch for the quality of this car. This is the type of car you even have shipped to you from out of state...you can't duplicate the work done on this for $30K including the car itself.

Email for serious offers: miwarrior@gmail.com

Lots of pics here: http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/qq52/FastFLHX/GTO/

And video's: http://www.youtube.com/user/grendel602

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSkYyw4_pGk[/youtube]

Old 05-09-2009, 04:33 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master

Going to come with these wheels (18x8 TSW Thruxtons). Passenger seat is in the car but the cage prevents rear seats from fitting. With that said whoever buys this WILL want the cage redone/removed as it was built for me personally and I'm 5'6 and 158 pounds. If cage is removed the rear seats will go back in (you'll get them anyways if you buy the car) and the interior will look just like stock minus the added gauges.

My long block cost about $10K installed.....so yeah, I am asking for an extremely reasonable price.

1 1/2 years ago I could have sold this for $29K+ and I haven't put many miles on it given that I'm deployed.

Here is proof on how good of a deal this actually is. This is just the long block (it says LS2 but that is a typo):

Old 05-09-2009, 04:35 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master

If you are serious buyer, email me....

miwarrior@gmail.com

I may consider trades for a near new 08+ Night Rod + $10K cash or straight up for a new black/red CVO Fat Bob.

Last edited by Fast FLHX; 05-09-2009 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Dr. Combustion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks nice. I have a 2006 with 600+ HP and 1300 miles, but I did not make mine into a full race car. I kept mine to be a street car only. Modified GTOs just aren't bringing the money they did a couple of years ago, and the new G8s just aren't selling at all, especially since Pontiac is gong away. It would be a good project for someone to restore back to a street car, but it will also require $$$ to do so. Good luck to you.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:28 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master

This really isn't being marketed to someone who wants a stock GTO. If you want a stock GTO you can get one for $15,000.

Only thing I can see someone wanting to do with this car is remove the cage and then you will have a stock looking interior but 500rwhp N/A and 640rwhp on the gas. Oh, and it is very 'streetable' in that I have driven it from KS to WI with ZERO issue. You can DD this car.

If you want a fast and well built car then this is for you, I already spent all the money and am only asking for less than half of what I spent.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Dr. Combustion
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I said, Good Luck. You don't seem to be getting much interest over at LS1GTO.com either. A sign of the times and a dying Pontiac image. Plus most people don't want a used race car with no warranty on the drivetrain.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:24 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master

Well, that only sucks for them once the economy recovers and people ask themselves why they missed this opportunity. Again, this isn't being marketed towards someone who wants a stock car.

Having said that I raised the price over at ls1gto.com. At 22K, which is what I was selling it for, I might as well keep this car since I don't need the money and am only considering selling so I don't have to deal with getting it to Germany.

Since no one is interested I am probably going to put in a new rear diff, vacuum pump, 14" Wilwood front brakes, and remove the cage so I can bring it to Germany and enjoy my time on the autobahn.

This GTO is not going to be on the market much longer.

Last edited by Fast FLHX; 05-11-2009 at 10:27 PM.