Fuel Moto / Jackpot Mufflers USA's leader in EFI tuning and exhaust systems.

Stumbling Street Glide - PCV w/AutoTune

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010 | 06:12 PM
street_glider
|
Road Warrior
Exclamation Stumbling Street Glide - PCV w/AutoTune

I'll start by saying that I do love what the PCV w/AT has done for my bike's performance.

But I'm having some type of issue with the wiring - I think.

Last fall on a cool (46F), misty/rainy day the bike stumbled right out of the garage on acceleration. It felt like it was cutting in and out (on/off). Might have even backfired a time or two. It did get better as it warmed up and rode fine after the first 1/2 hour.

I checked the map adjustments and they looked like they were all over the place - so I dumped them and reloaded the original map Jamie sent it with. All was good for the rest of last season.

Fast-forward to this season and I put maybe 300 miles on riding several short trips and no issues. However, on the last ride a few days ago on a cool but dry day (after a few rainy ones) I had the same problem.

It didn't seem to go away as easily, although it got much better after the first 5 miles. It seemed to persist even at higher speeds (50-60mph).

I guess I'm looking for a little direction/opinion before I start tearing wires out looking for a short, etc.

Old 05-14-2010 | 04:14 PM
street_glider
|
Road Warrior

hmmmm.

Old 05-14-2010 | 09:48 PM
a34655
Cruiser

At the time I didnt have Autotune but I had a simular problem with my PCV and found it to be water got into the connector between the harness and the PCV. I took it apart let it dry out real good and used some dielectric grease on it before I put it back together. Problem solved

Old 05-15-2010 | 09:10 AM
rustybearing
Cruiser

A bud just had the same problem on his '08 and it was the engine temp switch. Changed it out and no more problem.

Old 05-15-2010 | 09:40 AM
street_glider
|
Road Warrior

Thanks guys. Good tips. I'll take all I can get.

Old 05-15-2010 | 06:05 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

As requested in the email you sent please email me your current fuel map with trims and I will take a look at it as a starting point. I would make absolutely sure you have the AT#1 to the front cylinder and AT#2 to the rear. Email it over an I would be happy to help out

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 05-16-2010 | 10:50 PM
street_glider
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
As requested in the email you sent please email me your current fuel map with trims and I will take a look at it as a starting point. I would make absolutely sure you have the AT#1 to the front cylinder and AT#2 to the rear. Email it over an I would be happy to help out
Thanks Jamie - I responded but it might not have gotten to you yet.

I need to run a few miles on it as I've just changed the map on Friday.

Didn't know if moisture or wiring issues sounded like the problem. I'm thiniking if it was map related it would have happened more than twice in a 6 months. But I'll get you out a reading later this week - rain forecasted for tomorrow.

Here is the new map I'm trying - I've targeted some what leaner burn at a crusing sweet spot (black oval), while keeping the richer performance settings around the throttle junkie section of the table (red oval).

I'll see how the fuel tables look shortly and report back to you Jamie, Thanks again for offering, sorry I didn't save the table before I changed them.

Of course, please feel to comment on the table I've created. Based on what I've read in here, I don't think I've jepodized motor safety.